Cell Phone Use Abroad

Excellent article, especially since I am looking for a new phone with international capabilities, (am currently with sprint and had to rent an international phone with them recently). I had done a lot of research which determined alot of what the article said, but it is always good to have that information reconfirmed. Thanks, Tinylittlecruiser!

One of the nice things with Regent is that once you hit Gold member or above you get a lot of free ship to shore phone time. It will get you anywhere in the world. We've used it quite a bit on previous cruises.

I'm on Sprint as well and discovered the hard way that taking calls while on the ship is expensive. I forgot to turn the phone off and automatically answered a call from a client that ended up costing $65.00. Next time, I'll remember to use the free calling time instead.

Excellent article, especially since I am looking for a new phone with international capabilities, (am currently with sprint and had to rent an international phone with them recently). I had done a lot of research which determined alot of what the article said, but it is always good to have that information reconfirmed. Thanks, Tinylittlecruiser!

You're welcome! I like your Cruise Critic user name.

Random trivia: Male seahorses become pregnant and deliver the baby seahorses! :)

One of the nice things with Regent is that once you hit Gold member or above you get a lot of free ship to shore phone time. It will get you anywhere in the world. We've used it quite a bit on previous cruises.

Good to know, dougburns. I'm not anywhere close to that level, but if I make it to Gold, I hope that perk will still exist. :rolleyes:

I'm on Sprint as well and discovered the hard way that taking calls while on the ship is expensive. I forgot to turn the phone off and automatically answered a call from a client that ended up costing $65.00. Next time, I'll remember to use the free calling time instead.

Oops, JoAnne B!

Good to know, dougburns. I'm not anywhere close to that level, but if I make it to Gold, I hope that perk will still exist. :rolleyes:

Gold members (49 nights) get free internet plus up to three hours of free ship to shore phone time. The phone time is per suite. Silver members (21 nights) get free internet plus up to one hour of free ship to shore phone time.

Dave

Archived