Birthday Cake Ordered?

phabric

My TA has ordered a cake for my MIL for the 2nd day on the Sky. This is our first time on NCL. With freestyle dining how is the cake delivered, if they don't know when and where you are going to dine or is it delivered to your cabin.

We told them when we originally ordered it when we wanted it delivered. They just dropped it off and decorated the room a bit. If you eat at a restaurant and tell them about they birthday they will bring a piece of cake and come and sing.

We did this on the Sky in March

Just wanted to add that they really go out of their way to accomodate you. The person I travel with has Celiac and needs gluten free. I called ahead and asked if they could make a gluten free birthday cake, and... yep.. they sure did! It cost a little extra, but the look on a person's face who hadn't had a birthday cake since she was diagnosed was priceless!

I ordered it for a particular date, and that morning told the purser which restaurant we'd be at and at what time. During dinner, I excused myself to go to the ladies room, but instead, told the hostess where we were sitting.

They brought out the cake at dinner. Meantime-- I slipped our cabin steward some money to decorate our cabin while we were at dinner. I had purchased balloons, banners, and all kinds of decorations at a party store before my trip.

It was a really memorable birthday celebration!

My TA has ordered a cake for my MIL for the 2nd day on the Sky. This is our first time on NCL. With freestyle dining how is the cake delivered, if they don't know when and where you are going to dine or is it delivered to your cabin.

I don't know if the TA is paying for the cake or are the cakes free. She told me she asked for a cake for the second day as it is my MIL 84th birthday. I am wondering if we could have it delivered to the cabin as I think she would be too embarrassed and doesn't like that type of thing in the dining room.

On our anniversary, I ordered the anniversary package. Something got screwed up with the order, and we had a cake delivered to our table in the various restaurants we tried every night. In LeBistro, we got the "official" anniversary cake, but several nights we got this round hunk of white cake swamped in layers of gooey icing. By the middle of the week, we had three cakes in our cabin and started leaving them in the dining room. We didn't even try eating them, they were just waaaaaayyyyyy too sweet.

It became an ongoing joke for us. An example of once they get you in their computer, they never let you out :rolleyes:

My father will be celebrating his 70th birthday on the cruise and I didn't mention it when I made the booking. Would NCL find that out when they scanned their passenger profile and send a surprise cake to him?

My father will be celebrating his 70th birthday on the cruise and I didn't mention it when I made the booking. Would NCL find that out when they scanned their passenger profile and send a surprise cake to him?

I doubt it.

I was on the Jewel last November and we were in Le Bistro and one of us was having a birthday. I told the waitress and they brought out a cake. They must have hundreds of cakes in waiting to be available on short notice. :)

Just wanted to add that they really go out of their way to accomodate you. The person I travel with has Celiac and needs gluten free. I called ahead and asked if they could make a gluten free birthday cake, and... yep.. they sure did! It cost a little extra, but the look on a person's face who hadn't had a birthday cake since she was diagnosed was priceless!

It was a really memorable birthday celebration!

Surfgirl, Thanks so much for posting this information about a GF birthday cake. I also have Celiac. We have always skipped ordering any cakes. It is great to know that we can have a GF cake delivered to our room. I am excited!

Archived