Cruising to Healthy

brooklynfc

I'll have to put that website in my HOPE chest, lol. No prospects on my list, but I'd honestly rather meet a guy now rather than (assuming I meet my goals) later, then I'd know he truly loved me and not the package I'm wrapped in.

Okay, confession time hmmm....Well this morning I had a Bojangles chicken biscuit. I wish they had grilled chicken biscuits, but it keeps me fuller longer and I don't have to have a snack between breakfast and lunch.

Lunch I had a 6 inch turkey on roasted garlic bread, w/ baked chips and then I did a bad thing, I went to our campus bookstore and got a ice cream bar. But it was either the one ice cream bar or three subway choco cookies, so I chose the lesser evil. So breakfast was 450, lunch was 600 and now I've got dinner. I'm on a 2000 calorie diet. The nutrition that I saw about a year ago (another gimick weight loss program) said I had to be eating about 3500 calories to maintain my body weight, so I figure I'd lower it to 2000. You can't starve yourself b/c then you don't lose, but I don't want to take it too slow b/c I won't lose either. Some days I'm 1800, some days I'm 2500, but the point is that I'm eating less and now I'm moving more.

I'm more than happy to keep the thread going. Maybe some more people will join us. Its always good to have a a good support system, especially ones that know what you are going through.

I hate Skinny girl work out tapes. The exercise lady in my WW video is skinny, but they have normal WW members doing the exercises in the background, so it doesn't seem that bad. I'd love to lose enough that I could get back to the dance cardio workout. It was fun!

Thanks for the welcome girls! :)

I didn't mean to interrupt your conversation..I just can relate to you both.;)

I have facebook as well..I will add you guys when I am home from work.

BTW My real name is Jessica but if you prefer you can call me Jess :D...just not Jessie. LOL

I have never tried the big ball because I'm afraid I will just roll over it and fall too the floor. lol

I sit at an office and often get stiff so I use a theraband (stretch band) and do weight resistant exercises..it seems to help. For food well this week and last week have been terrible. I had 5 fillings last week and my jaw was killing me for a whole week..so I didn't walk so much then. This week I have been soo sick..from cold or whatever and have not yet gone walking for awhile. I notice though when I'm not working out I feel less motivated too watch what I eat..so that has taken a toll on me.

I am in a weight loss surgery program...I see a nutritionist and get weighed in once a month and attend once a month support groups..I don't have too go to all of them but I choose too because it keeps me motivated. I worked so hard the last two weeks before this one..walking up hills, watching what I've been eating and this week I seemed to have lost it and I get weighed in on Monday so I'm a bit nervous about it..but it doesnt matter what happens I try to keep my head up.

Have you lost some weight since seeing a nutritional? I am thinking about looking someone up, I feel I am sabotaging myself sometimes. I layed off the soda recently I was drinking diet but still wasnt great for me I am sure so Crystal Light is my new drink of choice. I can drink liquids all day. I dont mind water but I prefer something with a bit of flavor to it.

and you didnt interrupt anything all are welcome the more the merrier and more support the better. I wish we were all sailing on the same boat now that would be a blast :D

I'll have to put that website in my HOPE chest, lol. No prospects on my list, but I'd honestly rather meet a guy now rather than (assuming I meet my goals) later, then I'd know he truly loved me and not the package I'm wrapped in.

I totally understand what your saying. I'm happy in a way that things work out the way they do or did because I know I have a better understanding of people and true inner beauty and don't take things for granted that I might have it I hadn't gone through what I am going through now. There is a reason for everything!

Okay, confession time hmmm....Well this morning I had a Bojangles chicken biscuit. I wish they had grilled chicken biscuits, but it keeps me fuller longer and I don't have to have a snack between breakfast and lunch.

Lunch I had a 6 inch turkey on roasted garlic bread, w/ baked chips and then I did a bad thing, I went to our campus bookstore and got a ice cream bar. But it was either the one ice cream bar or three subway choco cookies, so I chose the lesser evil. So breakfast was 450, lunch was 600 and now I've got dinner. I'm on a 2000 calorie diet. The nutrition that I saw about a year ago (another gimick weight loss program) said I had to be eating about 3500 calories to maintain my body weight, so I figure I'd lower it to 2000. You can't starve yourself b/c then you don't lose, but I don't want to take it too slow b/c I won't lose either. Some days I'm 1800, some days I'm 2500, but the point is that I'm eating less and now I'm moving more.

Exactly! I do the same thing. If I do have a cookie I will remind myself that it's better then getting 2 cookies or a cookie AND a bag of chips AND soda. You have to start out somewhere..why not compromise? I do.

BTW I have been eating subay like every single day!! lol

except I'm not following Jared's plan...I've been getting the italian BMT....fortunatley I have quit soda completley and only once a week get a cookie. No Chips.

Edited by Jesscap5

Have you lost some weight since seeing a nutritional? I am thinking about looking someone up, I feel I am sabotaging myself sometimes. I layed off the soda recently I was drinking diet but still wasnt great for me I am sure so Crystal Light is my new drink of choice. I can drink liquids all day. I dont mind water but I prefer something with a bit of flavor to it.

and you didnt interrupt anything all are welcome the more the merrier and more support the better. I wish we were all sailing on the same boat now that would be a blast :D

I lost in the fall almost 10 pounds...then came winter. I live 2 hours away from the support group and some days it was not possible to get down there..so then I stopped going and gained back weight.

I got a new doctor..whom I LOVE! and she has been so encouraging. I admit things to her and in the support group and through doing that and really convincing myself..I have started walking a lot and pushing myself..we will see how much I have lost if any on Monday (I don't have a scale)

The bad news about the drinks as I was addicted to any kind of soda really was water is great but like you I need flavor..so I've turned to Coffee. It doesn't help that I work in the same building as Dunkin Donuts.:rolleyes:

Crystal light is great too. I like the Ice Tea. It has been a battle. I'll lose a few pounds. gain it back. It's always back and fourth back and fourth and I've never lost a significant amount of weight to really SEE the results.

Jess,

I wish I could get the surgery now, but like I said my current insurance will not cover it, so I did I'd have to put myself $25,000 and some in the hole. I'm giving myself one more chance to control the issue myself. So, really I'm giving myself a year. I hope I can do this without surgery, but if not maybe in a year I will have better insurance or a better salary. I just know if this last attempt doesn't pull through that I won't live the rest of my life in poor quality.

I had to quit soda too. Now I admit I have maybe a diet maybe 2-4 times a month and maybe 1 reg. But I don't drink coffee, so when I need a caffeine boost I have to turn to soda. I buy a couple of liter bottle of water and then I drink the water in them and refill them at work. I keep them until they need to be thrown away and move on to the next. Saves on plastic bottles and helps me drink water. I drink at least two liters at work. When I get home I usually switch to decaf tea with a little sugar.

I'm interested to try this new Lipton Green tea with bubbles. I want to see if its "soda-like." Otherwise I'm with you on the crystal light.

If would be awesome to cruise together. It I didn't already promise my new friend that I would cruise with her I would jump ship. But maybe we can plan for another year. That would give us all plenty of time to get "ship shape" lol....I made a pun.

I have too lose at LEAST 40 pounds now before I even am considered for surgery so I need to do this on my own too. Who knows I could possibly lose more and change my mind about it. The important thing is too live for the "NOW" and not the future as we don't know what to expect but keep your head help high and tell yourself everyday how good you are doing and keep going. Make a small goal..like 10% of your weight. It's the small things that matter the most.;)

As for cruises...it would be cool to meet up. Possibly someday :)

I haven't heard of the new Lipton green tea with bubbles...:confused:

Your absolutely right! Nothing is going to majorly change in the day, except for maybe my attitude, haha.

I've read up on the surgery. The losing the 40lbs thing will probably be the hardest part if I get to that place.

I've seen these commercials for the Lipton's green tea (they have diet too) with bubbles now or sparkling or whatever they call it. It might be worth a taste test.

It hasnt' show up yet, but I'll look again in a min. Sometimes FB is funky like that.

ugh oh time to test myself, Jeff apparently promised one of my co-workers who works at applebees on the side that we were going to go to dinner there tonight... lets see how it goes.

Okay, remember that they have a weight watchers menu with the calories listed.

Remember, anything fried is bad.

If I was you, I'd go for the 2 for $20. They have the house steak on there and you can get steamed veggies. Then your hubby can get a burger or something else. And you get an aptz, but you can share that with your friends.

Now, if I could take my own advice...

LOL I'm the same way! I always give it..but it's more like trying too convince myself. :p

the 2 for $20 is a good idea though...good luck!!

Don't know why it's not adding you :confused: weird.

Try it one more time.....are you adding the name from my picture I linked???

We did get the 2 for 20, I got the grilled chicken penne and he got a burger, the we shared mozzerella sticks but I only ate 3 he ate the other 6 :) I did have an ice cream shooter for dessert but **shrugs** better then a whole ice cream I suppose. I didnt eat all of dinner I have left over for tomorrows lunch :D good idea on the 2 for 20 girls

I say you did pretty good. In the old days, and by old days I mean like two weeks ago, I would ate it all with no thought, plus the chocolate melting cake.

I was very bad b/c like I said I can't take my own advice. Mom went to the Keith Urban concert tonight so I stopped by McD's for dad something to eat and next thing I know I was ordering the Quarter Pounder.

The only positive thing is that, somehow I still stayed within my calorie intake. Well, if I can keep food out of my mouth for the rest of the night.

Good news is that I went straight up the stairs after eating it and got on the bike for 30 mins. And just to make up a little for my poor choice I think I'll do another 30 a little later on the treadmill.

Well according to my Spark page I went over my exercise this week by 300 calories, but not over by mins.

I figure it I start off slow, then when I get in a lull I can hype it up to help get over the hump.

It's best to start out slow definieley! There is this one HUGE hill that by my house that has three little hills in between. Each day I would try to do one and reward myself by going to the movies or something like that but I knew I couldn't do the whole thing at once and by goodness within that week I was reaching the top...warn-out, sweaty and all. :o

Your doing good!! :D