Cruising to Healthy

brooklynfc

Annette - good for you! That's great news! Kepp up the great work! :D

Brooke I hope your doing well too. Looks like work as been keeping you on your toes everyday.

Well today was weigh in day or me and I'm sad to say I'm up .2. I'm getting irritated because I feel like I have cut back a lot on my eating, my weekends are better (not great but better) and I've been doing cardio kickboxing everyweek. :confused:

I'm super jealous because my boss/friend at work has been losing on average 3lbs a week! :eek: She is wicked motivated though and always has soo much energy. When I take my meds I definitley feel more motivated but maybe I need to kick my thyroid meds up a notch - just gotta get my levels checked first. But the good news is I'm learning everyweek. I'm trying new things, eating less and now I'm starting to know what really doesn't work and what does...just gotta keep going and always try to better improve myself.

Good luck to everyone this week and I hope everyone is staying happy and healthy!

Brooke- You have me stumped on your bully ?. I really can not remember a time when I was actually bullied but I feel everyone has been bullied at some time in their life. Even the "popular" crowd because their own closet friends will turn on them if they do something they don't agree with. But I just can't think of nothing?????? My older siblings messed with me at times but thats not really bullying I don't think. I was a 16 year old pregnant teenager in high school I mean surely that could lead to being bullied but again I am blank on a time. I might just have to go look up the definition of being bullied maybe that will help me. Maybe I am just thinking about it all wrong. I will get back to you on it though. lol

By the way Have a great day everyone.

Thanks Jess for the encouraging words.

Hey guys,

Jess,

Girl if I had that much vacay time I'd go to Europe! And .2 isn't horrible. That's not even a Whole 1lb! You'll get it straight.

Annette,

YOU GO! Get your exercise on!

And bullying can mean teasing too. Making fun, but I just figured with all the kids in the news it was a good thing to put up.

Well, after being on an antibiotic for 2 weeks..........I'm on another one! That's right. My head almost tried to explode today b/c I have a SINUS INFECTION ding ding ding! Now I'm on a stronger antibiotic for 10 more days. I took off 3 hours early on wed. took off 4 hours early today and went to the dr. I'm taking tomr off. My exercise has suffered too. I have no idea how my weigh in will go tomr. b/c I'm splurged a bit today b/c I have pity parties when I'm sick.

I'll try and check in tomr.

Good Choices.

Morning,

Woke up without a voice then got a voice, but it was a man's voice, lol. My vision is acting up a big, but if I had that much pressure behind me I would hurt too. So I'm kinda typing with my eyes shut, no kidding.

Lost 2.4 lbs this week. Really happy with myself. Finally 319.6......out of the 20s, so now I'm exactly 20lbs from getting into the 200s. I just can't let myself get in my way.

Good choices guys I'm gonna get off here before I type too many wrong words.

Good Choices.

Aww I hope you get better soon Brooke! It's no fun being sick and I'm sick as well right now though probably not as sick as you. I got the stuffy nose, dry throat, little congestion and hoarse voice. Ahh I guess it's that time of year. My mom was similiar to you a couple weeks back, she had a sinus infection and was on a couple different antibotics because she was trying to recover from being sick before that. Blah! :( Get better soon! And great job with getting those couple pounds you wanted off!

Today I'm super excited cause I got coupons in the mail :D and I haven't done any trading or "couponing" in awhile and I'm excited to pounce on free revlon nail polish this week :D and other things of course. Tomorrow since I don't have plans I may head to TRU and Target to do some deals there although it is almost an hour drive but I don't go often anymore. I'll see if a friend wants to go. The most important thing is that I stay focused this weekend and get some excercise in!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! and a healthy one at that! ;)

Morning,

Thanks Jess, I feel much better than I did, but I'm still stuffed up and I get the sweats too.........bleh. Hope you got some deals!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to try 20 mins of exercise this evening. I think I can handle that, I don't wanna push it too soon. I asked the trainer to do 30 mins of exercise and 30 min. session on working on my exercise plan.

I'm going to the ear, nose and throat Dr. tomr. just too see why I've been having so many problems lately. Hopefully, he will have some answers.

I'm hoping on a loss again this week. I would die if I got to 316, that would be 10% of my body weight gone and they say that is very important. Also, I'm trying to think out a way to stop eating out for lunch (save $) and to save my weight too. But its gotta be something that will work for me, so I have my thinking cap on for this one.

Gotta get back to the pile of work on my desk....

Good Choices.

Morning,

Got my 20 mins in yesterday and I broke more of sweat in the car, in the AC then I did in the gym. Man, my body is fighting this infection hard.

Ears, nose and throat Dr. today to see if there is something wrong with me that I had fluid and then a sinus infection. He is probably gonna tell me....Allergies blah blah blah, etc. etc.

Good Choices

That stinks Brooke but at least your going. A couple years ago I went to the Walk IN at the hospital because I was soo congested and I could barely breathe and I couldn't sleep either. It was awful and I waited forever in the waiting room and then the doctor came in took two seconds too look at me and said it was allergies. :rolleyes: I felt like I had the flu.

It's hitting hard this year, my whole office is sick and I got "allergies" or whatever it is also but it's not as severe as yours.

I hope you feel better soon!!

Morning,

Thanks Jess. He said that my left sinus had puss blocked in it b/c my nasal passage was almost swollen shut, so it couldn't drain. He wants to put me on Prednisone for a week to reduce the swelling. I think I was almost in tears this morning trying to decide what to do b/c I don't want to go on a drug that causes me to gain weight. But my boss said that a week won't be bad and I will get right back on track.....I might not even be affected. But it sucks that I'm seeing results again and then this. Sigh.

Are you feeling better? Have you tried saline spray............it has helped me a bit.

Working out with the trainer for 30 mins. today and then going over our next steps in my training.

Good Choices!

I think your boss is right, it's only a week and getting rid of that sinus issue will help you a lot.

Well I had a horrible week. I binged on things I know I shouldn't have and only went to kickboxing once. I guess nobody from work wanted to go to kickboxing this week either. Last night was only 4 of us compared to the normal 12 that show up. I didn't want to weigh in this morning at all but the woman at work weighing us, was mean about it so I did it. I'm up 1.4 - and I knew I would be, which is why I didn't wan t to weigh in, in the first place. :rolleyes:

Morning,

Jess,

People should be more sensitive. Negative encouragement is not the way to handle things. I mean its your scale and they wouldn't even let you join in! Geesh.

Makes you feel better I weighed this morning and 1.8........I know tomr. is my official weigh in, but I started those meds today, so I thought today might be a better weigh in, lol. But I understand the gain b/c though I've stayed in my points (which is great b/c God knows how much I've been going over in the last couple of months), but I've eaten some fried foods and I've only got 20 mins of exercise in (my trainer got sick, so he canceled and I went home b/c I was feeling dizzy). These things add up. But I have to realize I'm in this for the long haul, so set backs WILL happen and I have to just work through them.

Positive of this med is its what the Chiro wanted me on for my compressed nerve, so maybe it will help inflammation in my back and I can get some better workouts in..........:rolleyes:

Good Choices

Brooke and Jess, I hope you both feel better soon.

Mom has been admitted into the hospial so that is where I have been since yesterday morning.

Haven't done much execise but I have done pretty good eating wise and haven't given into any coke since I have been hear. I did have some pink lemonade because I didn't want any caffeine.

Morning,

Annette,

You are doing so well! Those little steps will be what pushes you to the next level,keep it up!

Okay , well weighin:

319.2, lol.

.2lbs loss..............I'll take it! With practically no exercise I'll take it.

Half a day of work today, YaY.

steroids are ..........mm..........they made me feel like I was on an adrenline high all night. Y do ppl take drugs?

Good Choices!

Morning,

I have got to stop randomly weighing myself. I think I give myself too much hope and then I want to change my weight to reflect it on my WW........:rolleyes:

Rearranged my whole room this weekend and killed of the nest of stinkbugs I found when I moved stuff around, ewwwwwwwww. I think I got some pretty good exercise out of it. My brother's dogs didn't kill me with the allergies, but they didn't make it easy, lol.

Annette,

How is your mom?

Jess,

Feeling better?

I'm giving Kimmer one more week of recovery, then I'm coming after her, lol. ;):p

Good Choices!

Morning

I feel better Brooke. I think it's just allergies, still a little stuffy. How are you feeling?

I miss everyone on here!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was not very eventful but I can say I am very excited to see my sister compete in the Special Olympics at the end of this month!! :D She will be bowling and I watched her practice yesterday morning.

Morning,

Hey Jess,

I'm feeling much better. Still draining though and my ear is still a little cloudy. I hope its better by Sunday when I have to fly. The Dr. said nasal spray and gum would be good to take. Maybe the salt air in FL will clear my sinus, lol.

Got in 30 mins yesterday, though I had to make myself go. Of course once I got started it felt good. I didn't push as hard though, just to give my body time to get used to it again.

I've kept on journaling, sometimes I forget what I ate, but for some reason I remember the points, lol. But as long as I'm marking something down. I really hope to see results on Friday.

Good Choices.

Morning,

I weighed this morning b/c I'm seeing my trainer this evening to go over a new workout routine and I wanted to give him an accurate number. So 317.2. One more lb and I will be at my original 10% before I decided to start WW over, lol.

Well, hate to write and run, but I got research to do.........

Good Choices!

Getting out all that tension from yesterday must have helped because I lost 3lbs as of this morning!!

I'm really happy because I haven't lost anything since I started kickboxing. Probably going tonight too and after that maybe going dancing tonight with some girl friends.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Jess- Hope your day was better today.

Brooke- Hope your feeling well and you have some "STATUS changes" u need to feel us in on.

Mom is getting better and life is going ok. I am trying to focus on the fact that I have 4 healthy kids and a husband that I know loves me and would never physically harm me.

Please pray for a close family member of mine she is in an abusive situation and still seems drawn to him. If she takes him back she will lose her kids and I am scared that this could turn into one of those lifetime movies where the girl ends up dead or missing.

Morning,

Jess,

YES! See that kickboxing is paying off......keep it up:D

Annette,

Haha, umm......the chiropractor I think actually helped and his explanation was the most sensible thing I've heard. He thinks I've had a sinus infection since my ear started hurting, back when I saw him before the cruise. He told me then he thought I had a sinus infections. He said, it probably wasn't very "visible" so I didn't think to get it treated. Then it just built bacteria up for those next four months and that's why it seems to have happened over night and why I probably didn't ever get any relief in my ear. He said, if its completely clear, then I should see some change in my ear. And I have. Stupid Mds.

As far as the relationship status..........yea I guess I kind of changed it. I'm gonna hate explaining this to other people b/c I know I will be judged and as much as I like to think I'm better than that...........it does make me feel weird. He is the guy from Scotland. He has treated me with more respect that any guy I've been talking to lately. And we never run out of stuff to talk about..........over a 1,000 messages back and forth on Facebook. I like him and if he was a local boy I figure we'd be dating by now, so...........why not. No prospects here.

Let's see........Oh yea. Weigh in. Well, 318.6..........only .4 lbs change. But that's almost a .5 and it makes me feel good that the losses maybe small, but they have been every week. No more yo-yo. Once I get my trainer back I think I'll see some more loss.

Good Choices!