Ecstacy in December w/kids?

joshd33

Hey everyone.....Looking for some advice here.

I am looking to book a cruise in December (week before Christmas) on either the Fantasy or Ecstacy. This would be for Me and DW, and my two kids (5,8). Questions being, Ecstacy will have the Evolutions upgrade by then, but do they normally keep the Waterworks area open in the Winter months? And also, do you think the water temps in the Cozumel area would be reasonable that time of year for swimming?

Any advice or info you can give on "winter" cruising with the kiddos would be great!! Me and DW have cruised before, but this would be the first time for the kids and are wondering if they would enjoy it in the December timeframe... Thanks in advance!!

-Josh

• 2 weeks later...

We've cruised out of Galveston in Dec, Jan and March. On the dates we were crusing, the weather happened to be better in Dec and Jan than it was in March. Go figure. Once you get to Cozumel it should be in the 80's and the water temp should be fine for the kids to swim. I would still pack a jacket and long pants since the weather in Galveston can change in a heartbeat. You can look up the average temps on The Weather Channel.

Archived