carnival newbie leaving soon

Nekochan

I just impulsively booked a cruise for the 6/25 miracle out of NY. I have some questions - hopefully someone can answer them.

1) I saw something about 'youth excursions' - are there shore excursions led by the ships counselors? My son will be in the 12-14 year group. If I can't decide ahead of time, can I sign up for shore excursions from the room TV, or will I need to wait in line?

2) Is there usually some sort of vegetarian pasta dish available at dinner, or can I usually ask my waiter?

3) How dressy is 'formal night' - I assume a dressy pantsuit (like to an afternoon wedding) would be sufficient - no ballgowns and tiaras? :D

Anything I should do or know about the Miracle?

I don't know about the kid excursions...

But the formal night attire? You should be fine. On the elation i wore slacks dress shirt and tie and fit in perfectly. Squeaker wore a nice little black dress... Perfect. No ball gowns or tiaras required but if you want to then you totally can! It's all about how elegant you want to get. But you can't get by with jeans and a tee shirt. :)

I just impulsively booked a cruise for the 6/25 miracle out of NY. I have some questions - hopefully someone can answer them.

1) I saw something about 'youth excursions' - are there shore excursions led by the ships counselors? My son will be in the 12-14 year group. If I can't decide ahead of time, can I sign up for shore excursions from the room TV, or will I need to wait in line?

2) Is there usually some sort of vegetarian pasta dish available at dinner, or can I usually ask my waiter?

3) How dressy is 'formal night' - I assume a dressy pantsuit (like to an afternoon wedding) would be sufficient - no ballgowns and tiaras? :D

Anything I should do or know about the Miracle?

I don't know about teen excursions.....call Carnival....

A dressy pantsuit is fine.....I believe I am boarding The Miracle as you are arriving back.....if tha is so, then you should realize there is a 2nd formal night.....

I have not been on The Miracle, but I have heard wonderful things about her.....

You will love departing from NY.....it is wonderful to go by landmarks!

Archived