Barcelona Hotel for Solo Cruiser

gxchan

Got off Rhapsody last Friday and decided I needed another cruise, :D. I found a great deal on a Med cruise on Voyager of the Seas, booked it, got a fair deal on airfare but am stuck on the hotel. I'll only be in Barcelona one day before the cruise, so the hotel doesn't have to have all the bells and whistles but it will have to be clean, conveniently located, safe and reasonable (thinking 3 or 4 stars). Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry i think thats how it's spelt! I've been a few times and out of all the hotels I liked this the best. Overlooks the new marina area ( beautiful and quiet - the main road blocks the worse of the party animals) but is a five minute walk to Las Rambalas on the left or 10 mins to Bari Gotic on right. It has a lovely plunge pool on the roof with bar with views over the ocean. Not that expensive but definately I would agree to give it a four star rating.

• 1 month later...
Got off Rhapsody last Friday and decided I needed another cruise, :D. I found a great deal on a Med cruise on Voyager of the Seas, booked it, got a fair deal on airfare but am stuck on the hotel. I'll only be in Barcelona one day before the cruise, so the hotel doesn't have to have all the bells and whistles but it will have to be clean, conveniently located, safe and reasonable(thinking 3 or 4 stars). Any suggestions?

I am a young single female who cruised out of Barcelona alone last summer. Handicapped to boot, so ability to go out at night alone SAFELY was key. I loved my stay at the Royal Hotel on Las Ramblas. It was very small, easily recognizable and just a block from the Hard Rock, subway stationand a huge shopping mall. At night there were loads of street performers and vendors and I felt 100% safe. I took a excursion from RCCL around Barcelona that ended "conveniently in the City Centre". It ended up letting us out at the square in front of Hard Rock so I only had to walk a block.

My daughter just boarded a ship in Barcelona- she stayed at the Eurostar Gaudi and said it was nice. It's on Las Ramblas near La Sagrada Familia.

MamaBirdie85, Sorry, I didn't get a notification of your post and didn't check back. Thanks for the info. I'll keep it for next time I'm in Barcelona--I just returned home yesterday. :)

I am a young single female who cruised out of Barcelona alone last summer. Handicapped to boot, so ability to go out at night alone SAFELY was key. I loved my stay at the Royal Hotel on Las Ramblas. It was very small, easily recognizable and just a block from the Hard Rock, subway stationand a huge shopping mall. At night there were loads of street performers and vendors and I felt 100% safe. I took a excursion from RCCL around Barcelona that ended "conveniently in the City Centre". It ended up letting us out at the square in front of Hard Rock so I only had to walk a block.

Downunder1, thanks for the recommendation. As I mentioned above, I'm home now but noticed you have sailed on Adventure OTS and wanted to ask how you liked it? I'm thinking of booking Adventure and Navigator to complete my "set" of Voyager class cruises. I really enjoy that particular class of ship but have heard rumors about Adventure. Would love to hear what you think.

Thanks,

Archived