Carribbean Princess 5/7/05

redktz

Hi, yes we are joining you and adding a back to back cruise to make the trip 14 days. Fortunately we have the same cabin, A719, for both legs. We are from Vancouver BC and I have never been to the Caribbean before. We plan to arrive in Ft Lauderdale on May 6th (2:00 pm)and leave May 23rd. We we just on the Royal Princess, Rome to Bangkok in Sept/October and loved every minute of what was a fabulous trip! Mind you, it only held 1200 passengers so the Caribbean Princess will be quite a different experience. We are looking forward to planning our excursions!

Deb and Bill

Hi there. Nice to meet you Deb and Bill. We are Trudy and Jack and have done the Carribbean a lot. We had to cancel a trip in February due to illness so wanted something in the middle of spring and we also are doing a back to back. We have been to all of the ports, but really don't mind repeating as it will be a nice rest and adventure.

We were on the Royal Princess in July touring the British Isles. It was a fabulous trip but we didn't like the ship. I guess we are use to newer ships.

Also we have been on the Grand and Star and will be use to the bigger ship, although we prefer a middle size like the Island or Coral. Anyway it will be great and we are looking forward to this trip. We are in B520

Have been to Vancouver twice as we did Alaska twice. Beautiful city and enjoyed the visit.

Trudy

• 4 weeks later...

Happy New Year! Trudy, are you sailing the same two weeks as us (May 7-21?) I'm wondering whether Princess Cay will be open by then or if they will substitute other ports. I have never been to any of the ports so will have to thoroughly research where/what to do. Bill has been to one years and years ago. I am assuming they will be similar to Aruba or Curacao, but it's just an assumption. We favour private tours (vs. Princess) but will consider the ship's tours when there are no other options. I'm thinking about going to Sandals' resort the day we are in Ocho Rios as someone wrote an interesting thread about it on this site. As the Caribbean "expert," what do you suggest for recommended shore excursions? We have aslo booked a 31 day trip on the Diamond from Singapore to Auckland leaving next Dec (20th)---a long way off. The good news is that I won't have to unpack any Christmas decorations next year! Today it is snowing in Vancouver (a really rare event, believe me) and thoughts of the warm, summy Caribbean are most appealing. PS. I'm sorry you didn't like the Royal as we really loved it. However, we are anxious to see what sailing on the larger ships is all about.

Nice to hear from some new people. Where is your new thread Earjr?

I started this one a couple of months ago. I agree we should pool our resources and have one thread. How do we go about doing this? Please advise.

Deb & Bill. The many excursions we have taken on these island are a half day. Usually highlights or some interesting tour. This time we will go on our own as we have been to this islands many times. Love St. Thomas St. Maarten, good shopping in both islands. St. Maarten has a french and dutch side. Interesting tour seeing both sides. Also Grand Cayman is a nice island. Just look over the tours and decide what you would like to see. As long as we are in warm weather and sunshine, my husband and I will be happy. Trudy

Should we consider moving this ROLL Call thread to the Princess Roll Call section so that others will find us??? We could join onto Earl Jr's thread --http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=117724 What do you think?

That is fine with me. But I tried to use the heading you gave me and got no results. How do we fine Earljr's thread? Please advise. I will look again to see what I can find. Thanks. Trudy

He has it listed as Carribbean Princess May 7, 2005 I doubt if it matters but I thought it would help you find it. I went into Princess and scrolled down to Rollcalls. Then clicked on Princess. Found him. Meet you there. Trudy

Hi Deb Have you found the other thread? Carribbean Princess May 7,2005.

Haven't heard from you in a while so thought I would get in touch. I am also on the other thread I mentioned. Our cabin is R406 I gave you the wrong unformation. Hope to see you on the other thread. Trudy

Archived