Does anyone decorate your door??

we decorated the cabin door on our Glory cruise back in November...we did a purple and gold LSU theme---geaux Tigers! :D

Nice!!! Might have to do something like that for our upcoming honeymoon cruise next month.

I signed up for the Roll Calls section on this board for our Carnival Cruise on July 31st and our Coral Princess in Dec, but I gues you all don't do the whole exchanging of little gifts on the cruise critic board.:(

What is this? Sounds interesting? :)

I am SO on this. We are all celebrating our anniversary's (2) 5yr and 40 yr and my sister in law get embarrassed very easily, her's is going to be special ;) To bad I could have them do it ahead of time, so it was decorated some when we get onboard!

What is this? Sounds interesting? :)

Hi Tammylyne. On the DisBoards they have a section much like the Rolls Call section on this board. Most of the time, someone willl organize a Fish Extender gift exchange for their cruise. A fish extender is a fabric pocket organizer that is hung from the metal fish outside of a Disney Cruise Line stateroom door. It's used to exchange gifts and messages with other cruisers that meet on the DisBoards. I did this for the first tine back in November. It was fun seeing everyone's uniquely decorated fish extenders, as well as the creative doors. Here are some pictures of Fish Extenders below...

IMG_0132.jpg

3023329719_48032bbeaa.jpg

When we sailed at Christmas, I made a candy wreath for the door with a sign inviting people to enjoy a piece of candy. My husband thought no one would eat it, but the candy was gone at the end of the cruise. It was fun!

That was a great idea. Here is a picture of one for anyone who has never seen a candy wreath.

candywreath.jpg

I would love to find some of those jell stickers - where did you get them? I have looked at dollar stores/walmart/etc...

I got mine from the dollar tree and CVS. I've also seen them in target and was tempted to buy more but I really didn't need them! I had an extra pack left and my friends put them on they're door. Maybe they'll be easier to find as spring comes in.

I got mine from the dollar tree and CVS. I've also seen them in target and was tempted to buy more but I really didn't need them! I had an extra pack left and my friends put them on they're door. Maybe they'll be easier to find as spring comes in.

Those are pretty cool! Were they easy to remove??

Thanks, I want to get some for my cruise next month.

I hope I can find flamingos. I love flamingos:D

Those are pretty cool! Were they easy to remove??

They were really easy to remove and no residue left behind. The second picture is actually after my best friend took some of the stickers off the door and put them on our mailbox.

Thanks, I want to get some for my cruise next month.

I hope I can find flamingos. I love flamingos:D

It's funny you say that because the pack of stickers I gave to my friend to decorate her door had flamingos! I wish I would have taken a picture but she was still decorating when I took the picture of mine.

I've never decorated my door personally but on a Princess cruise we celebrated our 25th anniversary and the steward placed a happy anniversary paper sign on the door and 2 balloons at each of the door's top corners. He added a paper streamer between the balloons that hung down outside the door frame. It was cute. If you scratch or discolor the door by decorating your door yourself the cruise line can charge you for damage. Our steward told us that. So be careful and use the type of putty to stick stuff on that doesn't remove the door finish or discolor it.

Does anyone know if the Carnival Dream has metal doors for magnets?

Magnets don't work really well - but the wall next to the door is better for that. For door decord, poster putty (blue goo stuff) worked best for me - and it came off completely without any trouble.

I'm sitting here thinking about my last cruise and I think I was the only one on the whole ship that decorated my door. I loved it! I knew right where my room was. I was wondering if anyone else decorates their door and if you had any pictures to share.

sorry the pic is sideways but Mom took it on cruise with my cousin for cousin's 50th birthday here's one of their decorations

imagew2_aspx.jpg.42b7f32f5fa2541c13a208041ab0a343.jpg

Archived