Downtown hotel or near Ballantyne Port?

Hello,

We have to book a hotel in Vancouver for one night.

I am wondering if it is better to be downtown or near the port?

We will arrive about noon and our ship will leave the day after at 5:00 pm.

Could you help me to choose a nice hotel but not to expensive and a nice restaurant for the dinner (night) not too far.

Thanks.

Charlot

You will be sailing from Ballantyne Pier which is located in the industrial part of our port - there are no hotels near that Pier so you will need to be downtown which is only about 2 miles and $10-$15 taxi ride away.

Tourist is soft in Vancouver at the present time and we are hearing of the Pan Pacific and Sutton Place for around $100.00 a night and these are 4 - 5 *** hotels - try one of the the discount online outfits like Priceline or Hotwire and you could get some great pricing

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

Hello,

We have to book a hotel in Vancouver for one night.

I am wondering if it is better to be downtown or near the port?

We will arrive about noon and our ship will leave the day after at 5:00 pm.

Could you help me to choose a nice hotel but not to expensive and a nice restaurant for the dinner (night) not too far.

Downtown, there's not much near Ballantyne, and it'll be a $10 cab ride from downtown to the pier.

You will be sailing from Ballantyne Pier which is located in the industrial part of our port - there are no hotels near that Pier so you will need to be downtown which is only about 2 miles and $10-$15 taxi ride away.

Tourist is soft in Vancouver at the present time and we are hearing of the Pan Pacific and Sutton Place for around $100.00 a night and these are 4 - 5 *** hotels - try one of the the discount online outfits like Priceline or Hotwire and you could get some great pricing

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks but I am not going in Vancouver until August 22.

All the hotel are more than 175 $ a night.

The only one not too expensive is the Sandman Hotel Vancouver City Centre but there are not good review about it.

How about the Listel, yesterday it was around 155 $...

Then, do you have a nice restaurant to recommand us ?

Thanks,

Charlot

What specifically are they saying is wrong with the Sandman - while I haven't stayed at that property because I live in Vancouver I have stayed at some of their other properties and will be at one in Kelowna in two weeks and have never had any problems with them.

The Listel is a smaller more boutique style hotel located across the street from the Blue Horizon in downtown Vancouver in the center of the shopping and restaurant district.

Here's a link to the Robson Street Business Association website so that you can get an idea of what there is to offer:

http://www.robsonstreet.ca/

I would wait and keep trying to see if the prices for that night drop but it is the start of our PNE - similar to the CNE so perhaps they the hotels are extra busy that weekend.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

I would very much recommend that you consider biding for a room on Priceline.com. We have been getting many reports of 3.5 and 4* hotel being had for less than $100 pn. I personaly got a room 2 weeks ago at a Marriott for $75. You go to the biding screen on Priceline.com and then bid 3.5* or better in the Downtown-Vancouver area and start your bidding at about $65 or $70, I am certain that you will be very pleased with waht you come up with. As Ut has indicated most downtown hotels are $10 to $15 away from the Ballantyne Pier.

We just stayed the night before and night after our cruise at The Best Western Douwntown (Granville& Drake) through Travel and paid $85 a night. The White Spot is adjacent with decent food and drinks also a drug store a block down for last minute items and also a Blues club across the street.

Archived