problems in port

saidia

Which was why I asked you to suggest ways in which the posts could be made less contentious. I agree the Ventura is wonderful - that's contentious. I point out faults in the Ventura - that's contentious. Perhaps you just don't like anybody who doesn't support your clique, or aren't sad/vain enough to join in listing past cruises?

_

Which was why I asked you to suggest ways in which the posts could be made less contentious. I agree the Ventura is wonderful - that's contentious. I point out faults in the Ventura - that's contentious. Perhaps you just don't like anybody who doesn't support your clique, or aren't sad/vain enough to join in listing past cruises?

_

Quite and the last sentence says were you are coming from.

You are a trol and have posted before under a different name so everyone should consider you in that vain.

Dai

You are a trol and have posted before under a different name so everyone should consider you in that vain.

Dai, is this more of your deliberate misinformation or, not to beat about the bush, your lies? To maintain any shred of reputation for honesty I'm sure you would be willing to give proof of your claim ....... or perhaps when everybody finds that it's just another of your silly baseless statements you will be relegated to your rightful place on this forum - ignored :D

cottonbuddas[/left];19782768]

Dai

, is this more of your deliberate misinformation or, not to beat about the bush, your lies? To maintain any shred of reputation for honesty I'm sure you would be willing to give proof of your claim ....... or perhaps when everybody finds that it's just another of your silly baseless statements you will be relegated to your rightful place on this forum - ignored :D

All of the above Troll behaviour

Dai

Re Ventura's latest missed port during its recent Fjords cruise, somebody on another forum posted the following and I quote

"A friend who was on the last Ventura cruise said this of missing Alesund...................

"The cost of berthing overnight in Olden would have negated any refund for not berthing in Alesund. Also, the pleasure of transiting the Fjord approaching Olden during normal daylight hours was amazing, especially when you normal travel through it in the middle of the night and so miss the beautiful scenery, and on the way out many people have to go and get ready for dinner so don't get to see all of it either!"

I think that says a lot, and shows that sometimes you get something special out of the unexpected,":p

Yes, I posted in another thread a few days ago that it was a bonus to be able to marvel at the scenery, something we would have missed if all had gone according to plan and we'd sailed in during the night.

But who on earth would have even thought about compensation in such a case?

_

Thanks to some people on another board I've got some figures for the weather at Alesund for 25th May (indeed, the whole of May). The maximum windspeed that day was 35kph which doesn't sound that much, but the average was also pretty high - 21kph. That would have meant a constant wind pressure on the ship, and that would amount to a sizeable force. In comparison, for the days either side of 25 May the figures were 26kph max/3kph average, and 23kph max/3kph average.

I can certainly accept that Ventura, as a large ship, would be prone to problems with wind, but that would be true of any large ship. And sometimes not-so-large ships: I've been told that QE2, a considerably smaller and sleeker ship, was known to cancel a call at Alesund.

The wind direction might also have been a part of the issue, and would also explain why one port would be subject to problems but another port would not be, even on the same day, but the relevant website doesn't give wind direction.

(That's an informative website, btw.)

Thank you Tom & Beckyfare for restoring sanity to this thread. Had I have known the venom with which my thread would have been answered I wouldn't have asked for the forums opinion:(

Thank you Tom & Beckyfare for restoring sanity to this thread. Had I have known the venom with which my thread would have been answered I wouldn't have asked for the forums opinion:(

Saidia,

I am sorry for the way this thread progressed.

My only intention in posting at first was to reassure you that Ventura was a fine ship and that you would have a great time.

I look at a number of boards and have been watching the progress of Ventura and as far as missing ports the only ones I have heard of have been the two on the fated Christmas cruise and the one mentioned in Norway.

We were on Ventura in the Caribbean and had a great time. You will find that most of the ships out there are around the same size.

Have a great cruise and enjoy the long Atlantic passage, which we did in Arcadia two year ago.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Archived