First Time Ever

I am going on a Destiny cruise in June to the Med and hope someone can answer my few remaining worries. Here goes.

What is the currency used in Gibralter?

What are the taxis like in Tangiers and can they be 'trusted'? What mode of transport would you suggest to see Tangiers ie. on a tour or under our own steam?

I have been told that if our cabin is fitted with an American style plug my hair straighteners won't work unles they have a built in adaptor. Do I need to buy special travel ones? :confused:

I am going on a Destiny cruise in June to the Med and hope someone can answer my few remaining worries. Here goes.

What is the currency used in Gibralter?

What are the taxis like in Tangiers and can they be 'trusted'? What mode of transport would you suggest to see Tangiers ie. on a tour or under our own steam?

I have been told that if our cabin is fitted with an American style plug my hair straighteners won't work unles they have a built in adaptor. Do I need to buy special travel ones? :confused:

Hi, for Gibralter you can use Bitish pounds (1:1 for Gib pounds). Never been to Tangiers but I would suggest you don't go on your own. If you are travelling alone try and hook up with someone to tour with. You should not have any problems with licensed taxis but agree the fare in advance. As with all places, take the usual precautions, not flashing money about etc. For my first time in a lot of places I take an organsied tour, make notes then when (or if !) if go back I 'do it myself'.

Hmm, hair straighteners, check if they are dual voltage (110/240), if it says so (probably a small silver label, or even a switch somewhere) then you will be ok.

Enjoy your trip.:)

Sounds like we could be on the same cruise. We are going on 18th June. We are going to do the official trip in Tangiers, hopefully we won't get as much hassle as if we went on our own.

I've been on 3 other Thomson ships and never had a problem with my straighteners, but I always travel with a dual voltage adaptor.

I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise - we are really looking forward to it.:D

Sounds like we could be on the same cruise. We are going on 18th June. We are going to do the official trip in Tangiers, hopefully we won't get as much hassle as if we went on our own.

I've been on 3 other Thomson ships and never had a problem with my straighteners, but I always travel with a dual voltage adaptor.

I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise - we are really looking forward to it.:D

You will have a great time, I am sure,on the Destiny A great ship with alovely warm atmosphere

never been to Tangiers but have travelled extensivly in Morrocco.

You will save a fortune by using taxis in Morrocco.

The petite taxis are little blue Fiats which cost next to nothing to take you on short journies which is all you will probably need in Tangiers. Just stand in a petite taxi queue or hale one down.A journey of say 3 miles would cost you about £2.

If you want to travel further use the larger taxis.If you want to travel say 20 miles pay about £10 top whack.You may end up sharing with passengers picked up along the way.Do not get conned into paying more than the above.The taxi drivers will be happy to accept the going rate even if they initially try it on.

Also walk away from the cruise area to find a taxi you will get less hassle.

You will save a fortune on the cost of an organised trip by going under your own steam.

You can get info on buses from the internet which are even cheaper.:):)

Archived