Hilton Hawaiian Village

Flyingirl

Just got back today from the cruise and from the pre-stay at the HHV. We were apprehensive beforehand due to the people that were switching to the Embassy. Thought I would post my thoughts on the stay at the HHV. We have no kids and are in our early 40's to give you some background. I am a diamond member and so I was using the diamond benefits (which I think are the same as gold).

Breakfast-We personally really enjoyed the benefit breakfast. Yes, it was coffee, fruit, croissant, hard boiled eggs and juice. But, the presentation was wonderful and in a beautiful relaxed atmosphere overlooking the lagoon and ocean. I was super happy!

Parking- the marina next door was .25 cents a hour up to 24 hours. If I had known that ahead of time we would have just booked the car for the whole time and not for a couple of days. Literally, if you look across the lagoon and see the cars- that is spot.

Alli tower- We paid to stay in the Alli tower and I am not really sure it was worth it. I believe we were in room 1117. Us and the other 3 rooms next to us. (I wrote it down to save as a note for here and can't find it in the pile but, I believe it was rooms 1116, 1117, 1118, and 1119) are all "garden views" Which meant it was the back of the building next to us we could see. I was not real impressed with that and we stayed there instead of switching towers as they were full due to a conference. I wish I could have peeked into one of the other tower rooms to let you know if it was worth it. We had a fridge and robes and the room was nice and new, clean and big. Plus, with nobody to look in, it was nice to keep the blinds open. Now, the happy hour snacks at the Alli tower were a big dissapointment. I thought they were terrible and not worth being there for. The beer was $8 and specialty drinks were $14 each. Pretty steep.

Fitness center- there is a great one in the Alli tower and your Hilton benefit allows you to use the main fitness center for no fee. But, the locker room costs $12 a person at the main center. It was a mini spa with a private steamroom, sauna and jacuzzi.

Wifi- there was free wifi in the Hilton benefit lounge at breakfast.

Pools- there was only 2 hot tubs in the whole place. The Alli tower and the paid locker room at the fitness center. The Alli tower pool/hot tub closed at 8pm. There was other pools open late on the grounds (I believe 4) but you could not get towels after about 6pm. So make sure to get your towels early. We found the other pools too cold to get into in the evening but people were in them. The exception was the fireworks night were the main pool closed early (I believe 5pm) for the pre-show.

Things we found not HHV related. Saw were the Embassy was located and it is off the beach if that is important to you. Right in the heart of the shopping though so it was a good location, just not on the beach. We went to the Room Without a Key (at someone's suggestion here) and loved it! Great entertainment and food! Should have done that 2 nights. I was not impressed with the surfing instruction I witnessed on Waikiki beach. All was hurry in and hurry out instruction and we saw some students getting yelled at. The waves were better on the north shore (if you have a car) and the instruction we saw there was attentive and really trying to teach. We did rent SUP boards one day on Waikiki and that was a good spot for that. But, not surfing in my opinion as it was packed with locals and tourists to the gills. Experienced people that know what they are doing and beginners all together are not a good mix. Lastly, did the Luau at the Hale Koa and it was great! I was really impressed as we expected it to be so-so but did not want to spend a whole day at the PCC. It ended up being wonderful and was the bargain of Waikiki. (Husband had his paperwork but I think anyone can go.) Also, anyone can eat at the beach dinner there and drink at their bar. The beer was $3.75 for good stuff. Nice to have a drink before walking the beach at a price that can be enjoyed!

Hope this helps others!

Just found my map with the pool times. Alii- 6am-8pm. Kalia tower hot tub in the fitness locker room ($12 per person) 6am-9pm. Lagoon tower paradise pool slides 10am-5pm and the pool was 830-7pm. The super pool and the tapa pool were both open until 10pm. But, get your towel early!

Also, found the map for the cheap parking. Take Ala Moana south, left on Hobron and right on Holomana. right behind the lagoon of the Hilton. Make sure to have quarters or ones.

You know- we did not get any pics of the hotel rooms. I am sure we have some of the beach/lagoon. I will see what I can find and post them for you. Also, if you are travelling with kids the lagoon would be great! Was filled with little ones all day long as it was safe.

Thanks Flyingirl, appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay at HHV.

We are currently trying to decide between HHV and ES with our Hilton points, as you probably have read in my thread.

Archived