Dunn's Falls with Children

sherry1

We will be in Jamaica in Jan and want to do the Dunn's Falls. My question is I have 11 and 7 year old boys and I wondering if they would have any problems climbing the falls? If there is anyone out there who can help me I would appreciate it. I am waiting to book a tour.

I don't think they'll have any problem whatsoever, as long as they as in normal physical shape. In fact, they might well be helping you!! ( Just joking) Just remind them to take it easy and make sure of their footing before putting their weight on their foot as they climb. (Sometimes a few rocks can be slippery.) Have a wonderful time!

I don't think they'll have any problem whatsoever, as long as they as in normal physical shape. In fact, they might well be helping you!! ( Just joking) Just remind them to take it easy and make sure of their footing before putting their weight on their foot as they climb. (Sometimes a few rocks can be slippery.) Have a wonderful time!

The last time we did the falls,our son was 14.The guide gathered all the children together (ages 7 to 17) and told them " go ahead,you don't need me.Take care of each other".They proceeded to climb the falls ignoring the 2 paths people use.It was the highlight of the climb for everyone there.They scaled it twice in the time it took us to do it once.Folks not even associated with our group overtipped the guide and commented how much fun it was watching them.They will be fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived