Wind To Hawaii 11 Days Ba Balcony Obstruction?????

SEA SOUNDS

Where are the rooms that have obstructions on Norway deck? I have called ncl and was told all kinds of stories of what was obstructed and what was not in this BA category. If I am paying this kind of money, I really do not want any obstructions, if you know what I mean. Has anyone stayed in rooms 8033 , 8035 sort of mid ship? I am wondering if the life boats will be an obstruction? HELP-----any help is appreciated.

We had 8268 0n the 3/29/02 sailing of the Wind and my sister and her husband had 8057. Our cabins we were informed were obstructed. On contacting NCL, I was told that 8268 was 10% obstructed and 8057 was 30% obstructed.

On arrival I thought there was an error as I could not determine how the balcony was obstructed, later my sister said the same. On observing her deck, I noticed that the opening along the rail was smaller then the deck space by aprox. 20", not an inconvience in any way. I then found that my deck opening was about 8" smaller then the deck space.

I have been fortunate to have had many balconies from the massive owners suite balcony on the Norway to the large corner afts on the Norway, Infinity and Voyager. Unless you are in a large group or intend to entertain the smaller balconies provide the same experience. The Wind was one of my all time favorites.

Al

Archived