DVD of cruise....after you get home.......anyone with any experience?

bubbles1209

Anyone out there with any experience of getting the DVD from the cruise you were on..........after you get back home? We bought the voyage dvd of our cruise, thinking that the video they took of our excursion from Trunk Bay on St. John while in St. Thomas would be on it, and when we got home and watched it, :eek: it wasn't on there. Instead, it was like watching a commercial for the highlights of St. Thomas, but the strange part was, they had the footage of our stop in Nassau, but none of St. Thomas or St. Maarten. Is there anyway we can get ahold of them to get a copy of the St. Thomas dvd now that we're home, or are we out of luck? We were on that video of Trunk Bay several times, and thought that's what we were getting.:confused::(

I would call up & ask. Just going by a friend's experience with a Princess video...she bought it & found it didn't play right when she went to watch it at home. She called the cruiseline & they sent her out a new one immediately. So, it seems like they do keep extras just in case. I'd guess Carnival would be the same. Just call right away since I doubt they keep them for too long.

You should call and ask as soon as you can, they only save this stuff for a short time. I am not sure they will have what you are looking for but you can try. There used to be a number on Carnival's site that you could call in regards to this stuff but it is no longer listed for some reason. You may just have to try calling directly first and see where that takes you, I will keep looking for the number. I always buy the DVD and they do sell the excursion videos separate now, the main DVD is just the voyage video, they used to be all in one but now they separate them.

Anyone out there with any experience of getting the DVD from the cruise you were on..........after you get back home? We bought the voyage dvd of our cruise, thinking that the video they took of our excursion from Trunk Bay on St. John while in St. Thomas would be on it, and when we got home and watched it, :eek: it wasn't on there. Instead, it was like watching a commercial for the highlights of St. Thomas, but the strange part was, they had the footage of our stop in Nassau, but none of St. Thomas or St. Maarten. Is there anyway we can get ahold of them to get a copy of the St. Thomas dvd now that we're home, or are we out of luck? We were on that video of Trunk Bay several times, and thought that's what we were getting.:confused::(

Did you buy the cruise highlights DVD or the excursions one??? On our ECSTASY cruisein Dec 08, there were two and with the cameraman on our Beach Party excursion, we were on the excursion one a lot!!! Dancing and drinking and sunning and playing and being wild...

They destroy the masters after a few weeks, so WRITE NOW!!!!!

We purchased the highlight DVD from out Conquest cruise in January. Got home & the DVD would not pay - tried it in different players & computers. Emailed Carnival, they promptly replied with a phone # to call. That person said they would have to wait until the Conquest docked the next week to find out if there were any copies available. Seems like it took a second phone call several weeks later but we did eventually get a new DVD. Probably took about 2 months, but the Conquest also went into dry dock a week after our cruise.

Archived