steveaaaaaaaaa... John's response

*Mach*

How do we know what amount people tip in cash? Is it the exact same amount? Is it more? Is it less? And I don't think I am wrong.....your posts clearly show that this topic is a sore issue with you........you have clearly been highly judgemental about it......so no matter why people prefer to tip in cash rather then auto I don't think you will find any logical reasoning in it .....JMHO:D

Seriously if this was a big problem.......don't you think if all these people were stiffing the crew that Carnival would implement a service charge..........how many times have you seen posts about crew members working for Carnival for 10 years and more? Do you really think they would be still working if there were all these stiffers:confused: It seems the only people having a problem with this is a few cc members.....certainly not Carnival or their employee's.......

Well, this one made me laugh right out loud. You might want to actually read a few of my posts before you make statements like the one above. I have pointed out to Steve that LOGIC says that if employees were getting stiffed from the auto-tips there would be no such thing as long term employees on board. So, guess what, you and I said the exact same thing!!! Yeehhhaaa! We're on the same page.

Have you missed the whole purpose of my question to JH or the purpose of this thread?

I believed they were not getting 100% so I wanted to make sure they were,by tipping in cash. Is making sure they get 100% a valid reason?

My opinion has now been changed as a result of his answer.Please read post 1 of this thread.

Steve

Nope, haven't missed a thing, Steve. In fact, I ALMOST (only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades and thermonuclear weapons) said, "Except for Steve's request to insure that all $10 went to the employees..." but chose not to, mainly because I am just too lazy to write it all out. Now I wish I had.

But while I'm on the topic, I will reiterate that I said SEVERAL times that I KNOW there are exceptions to the people who remove auto-tips and you sir, are an exception. However, from reading this thread, there seems to be cause to worry that you might've stiffed the lido workers by removing the auto-tips, but again, I've stated my opinion about feeling sorry for those people and the reason why.

Well, this one made me laugh right out loud. You might want to actually read a few of my posts before you make statements like the one above. I have pointed out to Steve that LOGIC says that if employees were getting stiffed from the auto-tips there would be no such thing as long term employees on board. So, guess what, you and I said the exact same thing!!! Yeehhhaaa! We're on the same page.

I didn't say auto tips........

I didn't say auto tips........

The whole point of this thread Kurbanfan, was Steveaaaaa's questioning whether people were getting ALL of the $10pp/pd auto-tip. So, in so mentioning the logic of that summation, I am keeping on topic, which was Steveaaaaa's to begin with.

The whole point of this thread Kurbanfan, was Steveaaaaa's questioning whether people were getting ALL of the $10pp/pd auto-tip. So, in so mentioning the logic of that summation, I am keeping on topic, which was Steveaaaaa's to begin with.

Oh you want to get back on topic:confused::p Ok........

However my posts were directed at your quote below;)

You know.....about all those transparent people who remove their auto tips lol!

I agree with you, Dan. I suspect there are exceptions, but I believe that those who remove auto-tips either tip very little or not at all. After all, the logic is there: if you wanted to tip MORE than the auto-tips, then you would leave those in place and give the person deserving of same the money in person (or you can up the tip amount directly to your S&S account). There is NO reason whatsoever to remove the auto-tips if you have every intention of tipping at least that amount. Every time I read a thread about removing auto-tips I think, "Oh, that person isn't tipping a dime. Or maybe that's ALL they're tipping." Sad thing is, those that post those types of threads have no idea how very transparent they truly are :eek:

Oh you want to get back on topic:confused::p Ok........

However my posts were directed at your quote below;)

It all seems clear to me, and evidently to some others reading this thread. I am sorry you're confused about my noted post. Unfortunately, I can't do anything about that one.

Vanessa without taking sides here not saying who is right or who is wrong. My niece who is a psychologist (hope I spelled that right) and a member of CC pointed out to me. There are a lot of members who cannot leave a topic without having the last word. I cannot remember what this is called. And if you are dealing with one of them (notice I said if) just be prepared that they will always come back they cannot help it. So decide if you want to continue or move on to something else. Both sides have made good points and I think some of it is just symanitcs now.

It all seems clear to me, and evidently to some others reading this thread. I am sorry you're confused about my noted post. Unfortunately, I can't do anything about that one.

No biggie I was just responding to a post....isn't that what cc is all about......no confusion here.....

Yes the topic has been settled.....

If the naked dancers from Ron's Destiny review were serving Bacon at the Buffet in the morning would they share in the auto tips or do I need to give them cash :confused:

LOL! Steve my guess would be that tips (yes I said t i p s) would be the last thing on your mind:D

WHAT??

That is 100% wrong.

Steveaaaa is/was the CHAMPION of automatically removing the auto-tip BECAUSE management was taking part of the auto-tip.. An invention of his mind.

Steveaaaa's position was/is to remove the auto-tip and tip in cash so management could not dip their fingers into the tip monies.

John Heald's reply states that Steveaaa's entire premise was 100% wrong.

LOL.:D

Your premise was also 100% wrong.There is no pooling of tips if the autotip is removed.

I will admit I enjoyed your banter.I doubt you both will ever know the real,whole truth.

You both may be right in some way,and you both held your position for some time and brought many people into it.I think of it is as another Kobayashi Maru exercise, designed to draw knaves into the typically human endeavor of speaking knowingly involving unanswerable questions.

LOL.:D

Your premise was also 100% wrong.There is no pooling of tips if the autotip is removed.

I will admit I enjoyed your banter.I doubt you both will ever know the real,whole truth.

You both may be right in some way,and you both held your position for some time and brought many people into it.I think of it is as another Kobayashi Maru exercise, designed to draw knaves into the typically human endeavor of speaking knowingly involving unanswerable questions.

The difference if one would actually read and digest the written word is that I qualified the 'pooling' idea as one of long standing, reported by many pax as told to them by employees. It was not my original idea and I OFTEN stated that I did not know if it was true or not.

Steveaaaa conjured up the managment stealing from the workers idea on his own and championed it as Gospel. And I believe that you at some points backed up his idea. However that might be wishful memory on my part.

Thought you had left us, just took a 'time out' I guess. Ahh Well.

Vanessa without taking sides here not saying who is right or who is wrong. My niece who is a psychologist (hope I spelled that right) and a member of CC pointed out to me. There are a lot of members who cannot leave a topic without having the last word. I cannot remember what this is called. And if you are dealing with one of them (notice I said if) just be prepared that they will always come back they cannot help it. So decide if you want to continue or move on to something else. Both sides have made good points and I think some of it is just symanitcs now.

gtouch, I think I read about that syndrome you mentioned. It's called the "Members who cannot leave a topic without having the last word" syndrome. It's brought on by not enough cruising and too few Foo Foos. It's not uncommon here at CC and it can be spread by internet virus. It's particualrly ugly in the later stages...be careful. ;)

gtouch, I think I read about that syndrome you mentioned. It's called the "Members who cannot leave a topic without having the last word" syndrome. It's brought on by not enough cruising and too few Foo Foos. It's not uncommon here at CC and it can be spread by internet virus. It's particualrly ugly in the later stages...be careful. ;)

Hello my friend. But in this case it made me 500 dollars. I bet one of my friends that someone couldn't let it go without responding and having the last word and they didn't let me down. My friend took all of the other CC people and I took one person and guess what the one I took they had to respond to have the last word and I won 500. I love that person. It was almost stealing since my niece told me they would feel compelled to respond. Sorry it took me so long to find out but I had to grill steak and lobster for some frends and was not following the action until now. And if they respond I will let them have the last word since they need it and I made 500 bucks so I want them to have a great night. Have a great evening you have had a lot of funny and eye opening responses that have made me stop and think. Keep it up.

Hello my friend. But in this case it made me 500 dollars. I bet one of my friends that someone couldn't let it go without responding and having the last word and they didn't let me down. My friend took all of the other CC people and I took one person and guess what the one I took they had to respond to have the last word and I won 500. I love that person. It was almost stealing since my niece told me they would feel compelled to respond. Sorry it took me so long to find out but I had to grill steak and lobster for some frends and was not following the action until now. And if they respond I will let them have the last word since they need it and I made 500 bucks so I want them to have a great night. Have a great evening you have had a lot of funny and eye opening responses that have made me stop and think. Keep it up.

Steak and Lobster and you didn't invite me? BTW, Your Niece is very smart. ;)

Steak and Lobster and you didn't invite me? BTW, Your Niece is very smart. ;)

We probably coudn't get you away from that clean air in Utah anyway. And yes she is very smart she made this observation without much effort. And over time she was right on. That is why if my friend wasn't doing well (they have money) I would feel a little guilty since I had info that the person that responded would feel an overwhelming urge to have the last word. Again you and I don't agree on everything but I do respect your thoughtful reviews and use of humor. Some people never stop and look at the other side that makes their view almost worthless. Keep it up.

Archived