SS guarantee cabin allocation

maddie2312

Thanks Cashipman and Wripro,

I will call SS in the morning and see what they say. In the past I have been told by other cruise company's that they need to deal through TA when I have called direct but at the stage I'll give anything a go!

I am not impressed by my TA either, I'm doing all the running, when they've said they would call me back. The crazy thing is I pay for this "special" service monthly through my bank as part of my account. grr.

Regards Maddie

I am constantly amazed at people who book expensive cruises for which their TAs earn a nice commission and once the booking is done the TA does nothing. He/she should be handling this entire matter for you. That is the job.

I am constantly amazed at people who book expensive cruises for which their TAs earn a nice commission and once the booking is done the TA does nothing. He/she should be handling this entire matter for you. That is the job.

True...but three days out and no tickets? I'd start doing the work and take it up with ABTA.

Hi all,

Gave my TA an hour to redeem themselves this morning but again no call. So took Cashipman's advice and called SS. They checked the file and had received a request yesterday to email tickets to TA, she didn't comment whether it had been done or not, however asked for my email address and said they would be with me in 10 minutes. She aslo mentioned they would send another full set of tickets in silver box to my TA today. 10 miutes later someone from my TA's called and said "we've received your tickets today and will send them today special delivery to you". I didin't mention calling SS. Some time later I got the SS email and now am the owner of two eleven page documents.

Now to the big question - cabin number/grade! We got a two category upgrade, are now midships and have about a 1/3rd more space and a 'view' window instead of 2 portholes.:D So I feel worth it to go guarantee status and see where you end up especially on such a small ship.

The only thing lacking in this saga from SS and the TA is the word "sorry". I know they are all trained to give a solution but a little humility and apology for all the inconvenience goes a long way.

Thank you all for you advice. Hope the rest goes smoothly. I will post a trip report when I return.

Regards Maddie:D

Reading this reaffirms to me that I doing things right by booking everything myself.

I booked directly with SS, (in a matter of 2 emails). And have been most pleased with the follow up emails I have received from Barbi at SS. She has made suggestions that have actually saved me some money.....Now that what I call service!!

I dont like dealing with "middle men" when doing anything, business or travel. They too often are the reason I pay more for something.

• 1 month later...

Archived