What is a spa pass?

A spa pass is a pass that lets you use the spa facilities either for a day or an entire cruise. This includes the spa pool, lockers, robes, whirlpools, heated lounge chairs and more. there is also an ever stocked pot of coffee, teas, OJ, cookies and fruit.

My wife and I always get the spa pass. It is quiet, has an indoor pool

( sometimes a lap pool, sometimes a therapy pool, depending on the ship).

It is especially good when leaving from NYC or Boston in he winter or spring.

On the Dawn it is at the aft of the ship with floor to ceiling windows for a great view. On the Gem it is at the front with the same windows. In January this was the best place for sail away as it was too cold on deck.

If the weekly passes sell out you will be unable to buy a daily pass. Daily passes are $20 pp while a weekly pass is a bargain at $150 per couple.

Well worth it.

Love the spa Pass!!! They only issue a certain amount so you have to get there upon boarding!!! On the Pearl it was great...thermal pool, sauna hot tubs, plunge pool, steam room, stone heated lounge chairs....fresh fruit, water, tea coffee, whirlpool relaxation baths....showers with tropical lighting....

What a treat!! I spent 99.00 for a pass and it is good for the whole week!!

we were just on the pearl last week and we bought the couples pass ($198) for the week. On the Pearl, they limit the spa passes to 60 for the week. Any unsold, become daily passes available to purchase for $20 per day (only sold day by day).

The benefit is: limited access to the resources...no pass, no entry (unless you are getting a spa treatment); also no kids allowed (under 18, I think).

We loved it. We didn't use it as much as we could have....but we still felt it was worth it.

This sounds great. Is this something I need to do the moment I get on the ship? Are there attendants? Do we need to tip anyone? If so, daily or at the end of the cruise?

Do the tour on your embarkation day and you can buy it then. It makes sense to buy it on the first day because: 1. they only sell so many. 2. the pass value will depreciate over time (pay $98 on day 1 or day 3...who gets the most bang for their buck).

There are attendants (they remove towels, swab the floor, replace the towels, and maintain the beverage station - no need to tip extra, unless I guess you ask them to do something out of the ordinary). Realistically the (roughly) $6000 they make per week in spa passes covers the labor and expenses.

I would imagine all the ships have versions of the spa and the passes...the age of the ship will most likely affect the size of the spa and therefore the services offered.

Is this something that would be available on the Sky and what would it cost for 4 days? Sounds like something right up DW's alley.

The Sky does not have an indoor pool/wirlpool in their spa, they might sell passes, but I do not think they have real value next to the Pearl.

The Sky does not have an indoor pool/wirlpool in their spa, they might sell passes, but I do not think they have real value next to the Pearl.

The Spirit doesn't have Spa Passes as far as I know (there is no real spa room either, just a relaxation room for when you book treatment and nice locker room with sauna (free the last time I was there).

Anyone know how much it would be for a spa pass on a 14-night cruise? Also, can 2 friends travelling in different staterooms could book a "couple pass"?

Archived