Tobacco Bay -- Rent Chairs \ Umbrellas ? ? Easy Access ? ?

Sandytoes

Interested in Tobacco Bay Bermuda

Want to go there since my DH loves to snorkel.

I just had a Total Hip Replacement and need to know

If this beach is easy to get to?

Some beaches have hills.

Not sure If I'll be able to handle walking up\down hill.

Does it rent chairs \ umbrellas?

I need to sit, plus in the shade since I am fair skin.

are you docking in st georges? if you go to tobacco bay you should really get a taxi to take you there as walking would be totally out of the question for you. tobacco bay is fairly small so you should be able to get around fairly easy. can you do stairs? there is a snack bar/shop that's very nice and staff are friendly. there is a set of 4 or 5 stairs up to the snack bar and there are tables and umbrellas up there, so you might be comfy and out of the sun. i don't know if they'd expect you to keep buying food or snacks to get to sit there. maybe someone else knows about that. they also rent chairs, loungers, beach umbrellas, and snorkling gear. they would set up the umbrella for you and bring a chair to you too. again, they are most friendly. there are also restrooms on the grounds.

Yes, they rent chairs and umbrellas. The beach area is very small and on a slant but there is a grassy sort of flat area that if you get there early, you should be able to find a spot. It really starts to fill up around 11:00.

I just looked at your cuises and it doesn't look like you'll be docked at St. George so getting to Tobacco early will be difficult. Church Bay is good for snorkeling, there are areas to get out of the sun and it's much closer BUT, there's a big set of steps to go down. Horseshoe Bay, which would also be closer for you, has a small area that we've snorkeled in and you can also go round the rocks into the open. It has chairs and umbrellas but a step hill to walk down. However, there is a man with a van. His main business is going up but if you wait until he does come up, he'll take you down....$2 each way.

Archived