Baby Pool

bastmom

I saw a post (can't remember if it was here or on the RCCL board) that someone brought a small inflatable pool for her baby and just filled it up with a bit of pool water on board so the baby could splash around. I think that's a great idea and was going to do the same thing on the Mariner. Just wondering if anyone else has tried that and if they were hassled about it?

Thanks

I have also read many posts where people have brought the small inflatable pool, and it worked out well. I even read that a crew memeber would help fill the pool with some warm fresh water and will show you where the appropriate drains are to empty it out.

We are also on the Mariner in a few weeks and have the pool all ready to go with us!

No problem, lots have done it. Just bring a small cheap pool. And if it's small enough, it can double as a bathtub for the baby in the cabins without a tub. :)

All it takes is a few buckets from the pool to fill it up. You can set it up on any open deck, like on the pool deck. And to empty it, look for a shower near the pool. Dump it down the shower drain. If there is no shower, then ask a crew member if there is a janitor's closet with a sink/drain.

So glad to hear that. I'm definitely going to bring one on board and give it a shot, the little guy will be happy not to be left out of the "swimming". Now, hopefully the weather holds up and we can actually use it.

Crusinmama - Great idea about using it as a tub. I was wondering what I was going to do about bathing the baby.

We've done it on both RCCL and Carnival and never had a problem. We always used a smaller inflatable tub, not a 36" diameter infatable pool. We always tried to sit near the end of a row of deack chairs so we had plenty of space and did not impact the flow of people walking around the pool deck. We filled the pool with water from the showers that are around the pools...that was quite easy. And we would dump it right into the pool drains when we were done. A few cups of ice and a couple of bath toys, and our little one was always happy! He never asked to go into the bigger pool with his brother. We only recieved positive comments from other passengers (espicially the ones with little, diaper clad kids) and staff members. Keep in mind that or son was under age 2 for both sailings...that made it easier to keep him happy in a little area....an older child may be harder to contain.

Archived