Ruby Princess Cabins Above Club Fusion

JEDMELK

Hello Everyone,

I have already done a search on this topic but I am hoping that some more recent opinions are available. We are just about to finalize booking on the Ruby Princess for December in an AD Mini Suite on Emerald Deck. Our only concern is the location of these cabins directly above Club Fusion. From what I have found in my search there did not seem to be very many negative comments about this location however, the comments that I did find were from postings more than 6 months old. I am hoping to get a few responses from some of you that may have experienced this location more recently.

Thanks in advance for taking the time post your thoughts.

Jed

We are planning on booking an AD Mini Suite -- numbers are E720-E731. Anyone of these is what we are interested in although preferred would be 730 or 731.

From reviewing the deck plans, the even number cabins are on the Port side and the odd numbers are on the starboard side.

Thanks

Jed

We were in E729 on the Grand this last January. It is the last cabin on the Starboard side on that ship. If you can get the last cabin (I think it's 731 on the Ruby) it has an extra large deck! You'll love it! Also, there is no noise on the starboard side. If you look at the deck plans the dance floor and bandstand area are on the port side. Some people have heard a little noise there and some have said it's quiet but all of the cabins on starboard are quiet.

You'll love these minis! Covered balcony, great location! Grab it! :D

Hello Everyone,

I have already done a search on this topic but I am hoping that some more recent opinions are available. We are just about to finalize booking on the Ruby Princess for December in an AD Mini Suite on Emerald Deck. Our only concern is the location of these cabins directly above Club Fusion. From what I have found in my search there did not seem to be very many negative comments about this location however, the comments that I did find were from postings more than 6 months old. I am hoping to get a few responses from some of you that may have experienced this location more recently.

Jed

----------

Jed - I believe Ruby Princess has the same set up as Emerald Princess, which I have been on twice, recently. In November 2008 I was Emerald deck just over Princess Theather (spell?) and in April 2009 I was on Baha, over Club Fusion. I didn't hear anything and I am not a night person so I am in the cabin while many party. In my opinion, if you do hear anything, you would have to have extraordinary hearing, an electronic device, or standing outside the club.

Hope this helps!

Which December cruise? I will be on 12/30/09

Patrick

Hello Everyone,

Jed

I was just on the Diamond on Emerald deck, right above club fusion. E722

We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise...and are young people.

However, every single night our room vibrated because of club fusion. We could hear it, although it did not keep us from getting to sleep.

Boom boom....boom boom....the bed literally shook. We just laughed it off and said it was like putting a quarter in the bed or something...but we definitely heard AND felt it.

Julie

Hello Everyone,

I have already done a search on this topic but I am hoping that some more recent opinions are available. We are just about to finalize booking on the Ruby Princess for December in an AD Mini Suite on Emerald Deck. Our only concern is the location of these cabins directly above Club Fusion. Jed

Are you talking about Dec 2009? There are only 12 AD minisuites the ship, and E730 and E731 are the first to be booked. I'd be shocked if these were still available. I booked about a year and half in advance to get E731. I didn't book another cruise early enough to book either of them. I checked the availability for E730 and E731 EVERYDAY for months for that cruise and someone finally canceled E730 was able to get it. They are no brainer cabins..quiet, private, fantastic views. Good Luck.

Are you talking about Dec 2009? There are only 12 AD minisuites the ship, and E730 and E731 are the first to be booked. I'd be shocked if these were still available. I booked about a year and half in advance to get E731. I didn't book another cruise early enough to book either of them. I checked the availability for E730 and E731 EVERYDAY for months for that cruise and someone finally canceled E730 was able to get it. They are no brainer cabins..quiet, private, fantastic views. Good Luck.

I got our AD minisuite on emerald e722 only 6 weeks prior to our cruise. Three weeks prior there were still a couple available.

We were on the Diamond Princess last month. I think same cruise as Julie (e722). We were in E727 above Club Fusion and did not hear or feel any vibrations. We only booked a month before the cruise and were surprised that the cabin was still available. We were originally booked on the Dolphin deck but moved to the Emerald deck before the cruise for the covered balcony. So glad we did! It was a great cabin and location. The only thing better in and AD Minisuite would have been E731 or E730.

Yes mnmarkne, I am talking Dec 09 and, we are well aware that there are only 12 ADs on the ship and also understand that the ones with the biggest balconies are the first to go. However since they will accept a booking for this category we can always turn down an upgrade, the main objective is to have some cover over the balcony. We went through this same issue for our cruise in December of 08. We wanted a very specific owner's suite on the Tahitian Princess so I kept waiting for bookings to open for the cruise we wanted. We booked that more than 18 months in advance (probably one of the first 5 to book that trip)-- in my opinion, a very good way to have celebrated our 25th anniversary in Tahiti.

Thanks everyone for the feedback and information-- looks like we'll book it and see which one of the ADs we end up with. After all, no matter what we are still away on vacation doing something we like. These days, you can't ask for too much more than that.

Thanks again

Jed

We are planning on booking an AD Mini Suite -- numbers are E720-E731. Anyone of these is what we are interested in although preferred would be 730 or 731.
I've been in E725 on the Crown Princess and more recently, on the Sapphire Princess. These cabins are VERY quiet and private. If given a choice, I'd recommend E731 as opposed to E730 as the latter is directly over the bandstand and loudspeakers in Club Fusion and there have been a few reports of sound bleeding through. Both of these cabins have an extended balcony so they are highly regarded and often go quickly. I think the starboard side AD mini-suites are the best location on the ship. :) If you do book E731, make sure your booking is marked "no upgrade" as you could be moved to Dolphin deck and an uncovered balcony.

We were on the Diamond Princess last month. I think same cruise as Julie (e722). We were in E727 above Club Fusion and did not hear or feel any vibrations. We only booked a month before the cruise and were surprised that the cabin was still available. We were originally booked on the Dolphin deck but moved to the Emerald deck before the cruise for the covered balcony. So glad we did! It was a great cabin and location. The only thing better in and AD Minisuite would have been E731 or E730.

I think because you were on starboard and we were on portside. Pam mentioned that the bandstand with speakers are below the even side. ( port) so that makes more sense to me now.

We LOVED our cabin, we could just hear and feel the vibrations..but we made a joke of it every night.

However since they will accept a booking for this category we can always turn down an upgrade, the main objective is to have some cover over the balcony.

Thanks again

Jed

Jed,

I didn't realize you could do a guarantee and not automatically be on the upgrade list. Sounds like a good plan. I'd be interested in finding out what you finally end up with...Thanks

Mark

Thanks again to everyone for your responses. Seems like it really can be a "Hit or Miss" situation. Obviously, the starboard side of the ship is preferable but with a guarantee there is not much to do but wait (just under 6 months to sailing). Either way, as I have said we are on vacation so it can't be that bad!

Mark, it should not be a problem to request "no upgrade" anytime you book. When I was trying to see what is available by going through the motions on the Princess site, you get to a point where there is a check box for No Upgrade. Additionally, many times in the past we have booked specific cabins and have asked that no upgrade be marked on our reservation- never had an issue.

Thanks again to all

Jed

I know that this thread is mostly discussing other cabins but...I've seen some threads/posts regarding B431 a quad cabin which is mid ship by the elevators. They reference other ships..Grand Princess.. and in not too favorable light. Does any have any idea how a midship quad with balcony is configured on the Ruby??? I really need to know what to expect as we sail on July 3rd!!! Thanks

I know that this thread is mostly discussing other cabins but...I've seen some threads/posts regarding B431 a quad cabin which is mid ship by the elevators. They reference other ships..Grand Princess.. and in not too favorable light. Does any have any idea how a midship quad with balcony is configured on the Ruby??? I really need to know what to expect as we sail on July 3rd!!! Thanks

Most midship quads are regular cabins. I think it's just the four around 431 that are awful. One person on that other thread called Princess and I think if you ask to speak to a supervisor they actually know which cabins have that strange configuration.

What cabin are you in?

I found this post. It has a picture of the cabin. You can see if it's ok with you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had cabin B 433 on the Grand, which is right next door, for the cruises on Apr 10th and April 25th . We were in that cabin for 30 days. Likewise, we were surprised that the cabin had 2 single beds rather than the double. But we were so glad to be mid ship and close to the lifts we really did not care. One problem that I had was when the ship was on rough seas there was a lot creaking going on at night when I tried to sleep. But I was getting in so late that really wasn't all that big of a problem becaue I was so tired I just fell asleep in spite of the racket. Also sometimes the toilet would not flush, usually on shore days. But I learned the little trick on how to fix the problem.... just hold the button in for a minute or so and it will flush again. So that turned out OK as well. What I could not fix was the heat. For some reason the heater would not turn on. We called the purser's office and they sent someone up to fix it within minutes. All in all, we would stay in that cabin again because the great location overcomes all the little/fixable problems. I have several pictures of the cabin but I don't know how to upload them, sorry. After 30 days that cabin was like home to us.

Attached Images 13 Connie calling Allison from cabin 4.10.09.jpg (13.8 KB, 230 views)

The last line should be a link to the picture but the link won't copy. Sorry

OK Folks, found out this interesting tidbit today. Evidently, even though you can check the box marked "No Upgrade" when you book yourself through the Princess website, this may not be honored. TA called me today and said that we could not book an AD guarantee and mark it no upgrade. I guess because there are so few of them, they will not accept that (even though someone else said they would). Bottom line is, we still booked, just changed to a balcony cabin instead of mini suite. Ended up on Caribe deck with the bigger, half covered balcony.

Saved almost enough to cover our airfare so I guess it is worth it. Mini suite would have been nice but not worth the added nuisance it would have been if we ended up with a balcony with no cover.

Hope this information helps otherrs.

thanks again

Jed

OK Folks, found out this interesting tidbit today. Evidently, even though you can check the box marked "No Upgrade" when you book yourself through the Princess website, this may not be honored. TA called me today and said that we could not book an AD guarantee and mark it no upgrade. I guess because there are so few of them, they will not accept that (even though someone else said they would). Bottom line is, we still booked, just changed to a balcony cabin instead of mini suite. Ended up on Caribe deck with the bigger, half covered balcony.

Saved almost enough to cover our airfare so I guess it is worth it. Mini suite would have been nice but not worth the added nuisance it would have been if we ended up with a balcony with no cover.

Hope this information helps otherrs.

thanks again

Jed

Thanks for the update Jed. When I tried dummy booking on the Princess website for a guarantee category and there were at least one room available it would let me mark no upgrade. When there were no rooms available, "no upgrade" wasn't an option.

Enjoy your cruise..

Most midship quads are regular cabins. I think it's just the four around 431 that are awful. One person on that other thread called Princess and I think if you ask to speak to a supervisor they actually know which cabins have that strange configuration.

What cabin are you in?

I found this post. It has a picture of the cabin. You can see if it's ok with you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had cabin B 433 on the Grand, which is right next door, for the cruises on Apr 10th and April 25th . We were in that cabin for 30 days. Likewise, we were surprised that the cabin had 2 single beds rather than the double. But we were so glad to be mid ship and close to the lifts we really did not care. One problem that I had was when the ship was on rough seas there was a lot creaking going on at night when I tried to sleep. But I was getting in so late that really wasn't all that big of a problem becaue I was so tired I just fell asleep in spite of the racket. Also sometimes the toilet would not flush, usually on shore days. But I learned the little trick on how to fix the problem.... just hold the button in for a minute or so and it will flush again. So that turned out OK as well. What I could not fix was the heat. For some reason the heater would not turn on. We called the purser's office and they sent someone up to fix it within minutes. All in all, we would stay in that cabin again because the great location overcomes all the little/fixable problems. I have several pictures of the cabin but I don't know how to upload them, sorry. After 30 days that cabin was like home to us.

Attached Images 13 Connie calling Allison from cabin 4.10.09.jpg (13.8 KB, 230 views)

The last line should be a link to the picture but the link won't copy. Sorry

I'm in B431! I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it's going to be okay.

:) If you do book E731, make sure your booking is marked "no upgrade" as you could be moved to Dolphin deck and an uncovered balcony.

I agree with Pam.

E731 - larger balcony plus it's across from the band area below.

~

I'm glad you booked on Caribe but your TA is incorrect. I've booked "AD" mini-suites several times and had "No Upgrade" on them. No problem. I would be extremely upset if they "upgraded" me to Dolphin deck.

I'm glad you booked on Caribe but your TA is incorrect. I've booked "AD" mini-suites several times and had "No Upgrade" on them. No problem. I would be extremely upset if they "upgraded" me to Dolphin deck.

There were currently no AD mini-suites available, but he was able to book a guarantee for an AD. The discussion was booking a guarantee category and marking it no upgrade at the same time. That's what couldn't be done.

Archived