2 Nile Blue websites, which is the correct 1?

spatsmcd

there are 2 websites Nile Blue Tours and Nile Blue Excursions. The first website has week long tours and the second has shore excursions. Which of these is the Nile Blue that everyone mentions here?

Thank you.

• 8 months later...
there are 2 websites Nile Blue Tours and Nile Blue Excursions. The first website has week long tours and the second has shore excursions. Which of these is the Nile Blue that everyone mentions here?

Thank you.

This is an extremely late answer to your question (I've been away from cruising and CC for quite a while!) but in case you still need an answer or any one else is wondering, they are both the same company - just different departments. Nile Blue Tours was the original company and they became so popular with their shore excursions that they started a new website just for their shore excursions. I've used them and they're the absolute best!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I just completed a two day tour through Nile Blue Excursions. My husband and I are completely satisfied with their tour. We posted a review with CC and this is the link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1166186

"We completed our Cairo and Alexandria tours with Nile Blue Excursions. You can reach them online at www.nileblueexcursions.com or through the Executive Manager, Ghada Kamal, by email ghada@nileblueexcursions.com.

The 2 day tour in Egypt was uneventful as far as any unpleasantness. We paid at the end of the tour in US dollars too. We are completely satisfied and would highly recommend them.

They customized our tour to sights we requested. We noticed that they had good strategies for our agenda to work thinking of the time of day for traffic as well as heat. We were very comfortable in their hands and found they didn't leave our side when we were on sites. They ran interference so that salesmen did not pester us and yet they were available to negotiate a better price for us. They took a lot of care to make sure we enjoyed ourselves.

The driver stayed with the locked up bus at all times allowing us to leave our cameras and bags onboard knowing they were protected. The guide provided clear directions and information about the sites, both before and after our visit. It was absolutely worth every penny -- a high value for the dollar! They also passed along the savings to us by reducing our price because we had added more passengers making it very affordable. We in turn gave back in the tips to the driver and guide.

Worth mentioning is that the Egyptologist guide was easily understood with her perfect English. Her presentations were very scholarly and she raised questions for us to think about and then provided plausible answers based on evidence. She used photos and maps to explain the history behind the sites we visited and explained the culture as it was and how it influences them now.

There were no air conditioning wars on our bus. We had a mini-bus with AC controls at each passenger's seat. They provided and encouraged us to drink bottled water often.

The bus was a new Toyota mini-bus, looked very clean, and was very comfortable even for my husband who gets sciatic pain from sitting long periods of time. We didn't feel any bumpy, potholed roads other than the occasional speed bump. We attribute the good ride to our experienced driver who selected the better roads for our commute and the fact that the bus was not too big to maneuver through traffic and get to these roads.

I don't usually write up critiques because someone else usually does that. It is just that we were so uncertain about our safety for going to Cairo like everyone else, but didn't want to stay overnight or pay NCL excursion prices. The Nile Blue Excursions Tour group offered us a smaller entourage, with the same sites, and no unexpected surprises happened. We enjoyed shopping at the end of our day at a government approved papyrus, jewelry and cartouche shop that had authentication rights -- so no made-in-China junk. Check them out if you are interested in paying a lot less but not sacrificing quality. They really represent a hard working, caring tour group and you will not regret it!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived