First day question

yurchat

My wife and I will be on the Freedom in a few days. It's our first cruise so sorry if this has been talked to death I did try to do a search but couldn't find what I was looking for. We thought we had read at one time that the first day of the cruise has a relaxed dress code in the dining rooms. Is that true? How relaxed? Shorts?

Thanks

Erik

It's pretty relaxed the first night because not everyone has received their luggage.

Dress shorts are allowed in the dining room on non-elegant nights anyway, so it won't matter on the first night.

It is more relaxed as it is possible that some people may not receive their luggage by the time they go to dinner (esp. if they have early seating). We get to the port early and usually have our baggage by the time the muster drill is over. Pretty much anything (within reason) goes the first night.

thanks for the quick reply. I was under the impression shorts were never acceptable in the dining rooms. So that's good to hear, less stuff we have to take onboard ourselves.

Thanks again

Erik

I was under the impression shorts were never acceptable in the dining rooms.

That was my unserstanding for evening .:confused: Of course shorts are fine for the DR at breadfast and lunch.

It has been almost two years since we cruised so things may have changed.

Yes....things have changed.

Here's the current dress code, from Carnival's FAQ's:

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

My wife and I will be on the Freedom in a few days. It's our first cruise so sorry if this has been talked to death I did try to do a search but couldn't find what I was looking for. We thought we had read at one time that the first day of the cruise has a relaxed dress code in the dining rooms. Is that true? How relaxed? Shorts?

Thanks

Erik

Erik, on our first day, dh rec'd his luggage long before I did and I 'really' wanted to change.....I would suggest that you each put an outfit(with everything you will need to wear it) in each others suitcases, that way if one of you gets your luggage first then you are both able to change......no problem :)

Thanks

Erik

We always dress nice for the boarding photo and that's what we wear to dinner.

We also pack swimsuits, flip-flops, and sunscreen in our carry-on. The pools and hot-tubs get more crowded once everyone gets their luggage.

Archived