Mariner or Navigator?

sharod

First of all, I very new to these boards, so "Hello". I am just starting to plan my vacation for 2006 or 2007. I am interested in RCCL. I have only cruised once, with Disney. It was great. But I am very interested in RCCL. First of all we want to the the Western Caribbean and have narrowed it down to the Mariner or the Navigator. Can anyone give me any advice or direction? The good and the bad from both the ships. Or even another Voyager class ship. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!!! I'm sure once I book, you will see me around these boards frequently, and not just "lurking". Thanks in advance.:p

Sharon

For us, we narrowed it down to what week we wanted to sail, and what day we wanted to leave (sat or sun). That narrowed it down for us.... it was Eastern on the Navigator or Western on Mariner. Since we've done the Eastern the last two times... so it was an easy choice.

You can't go wrong with either ship.

You cannot go wrong with either one. We have been on Mariner and it was wonderful. We also like the convenience of flying into Orlando and cruising out of Port Canaveral. Very easy to get to and from without a lot hassle. We enjoy the cruising out of Port Canaveral for that reason.

Tim & Crystal

Are really nice ships...I have to disagree and IMHO I think the Mariner is the prettiest of them all...very colorful and was sooo new when we were on her..I am sure she will be just as nice. I also, have been on the Navigator and I thought she was pretty but thought the MOS was the best one I have seen (and I have seen all but the Voyager of this class)....

Truly you will not go wrong with either. I love Miami and would sail out of there versus Orlando..not that Orlando is bad...but I just love Miami and love pulling away and seeing all those nice houses and the beach...really really nice..and we stayed in South Beach this last time and had a blast...so that adds another vote of leaving out of Miami...and the port is closer...from the airport etc...

If I had a choice to go back on any it would be the MOS...in fact when I book for next year, I am pretty certain I will do the MOS....til the Freedom comes out ;) then I will leave out of anywhere it takes me..hehe...

Each ship is amazing...like someone else said they are pretty much all the same (offering wise) so you wouldn't get more out of one versus the other...all the staff that I have encountered on these ships were amazing...I thought the food was great...and the ports were the same with the MOS and NOS we did the western on both...and loved each time....

Have a blast...

Archived