Crown Princess: Men's spa facilities...

Question directed to those persons who have actually sailed on the Crown Princess and utilized the changing facilities located in the spa/fitness area...

Can you please describe the steam & sauna facilities available on this ship? Information pertaining to seating capacity for each, as well as their locations (in the changing room or out in the co-ed areas?), would be greatly appreciated. How many showers are available? And did you find these areas to be very busy when you sailed?

Traveling on the Crown this fall and utilizing these facilities is a very relaxing part of my vacation.

Thanks in advance for any & all details you can share!!

Cheers,

Gigglewolf

;)

Judging from the deck plans, there is steam/sauna that are free of charge in the chaning rooms of the mens & ladies facilities. I think there may also be a steam rm (co-ed) in the spa area that requires a fee entrance to spa, from what I've read on other posts.

Thanks, litehouz70. I noticed the same thing in the deck plans. However, as is often the case, the deck plans may not accurately reflect the actual facilities onboard.

Would greatly appreciate the insights of someone who has actually visited these facilities on the Crown Princess. :)

Much obliged,

Gigglewolf

Question directed to those persons who have actually sailed on the Crown Princess and utilized the changing facilities located in the spa/fitness area...

While not having sailed the Crown would the Emerald, her sister ship, do?

Can you please describe the steam & sauna facilities available on this ship? Information pertaining to seating capacity for each,

Depending on the size of folks the steam room should hold six comfortably. Only one level of sitting on three of the walls. The sauna has two level seating that wraps around on two walls and should also hold 6 comfortably

as well as their locations (in the changing room or out in the co-ed areas?),

You enter the changing room where you will find lockers (keys available at the Spa desk in exchange for your stateroom key and they will also give you a robe if you ask), toilets, two sinks, showers and an ample supply of towels. The steam room and sauna room are off that area. YES, they are out of the co-ed area.

would be greatly appreciated. How many showers are available? There are 4 showers stocked with shampoo, conditioner, and body wash.

And did you find these areas to be very busy when you sailed?

Never encountered more than 3 people at any given time in any of the "free for use" steam/saunas on any Princess ship.

Traveling on the Crown this fall and utilizing these facilities is a very relaxing part of my vacation.

Thanks in advance for any & all details you can share!!

Cheers,

Gigglewolf

;)

Gigglewolf hope my answers above help.

• 3 months later...

They are complimentary, BUT sometimes the spa staff will refuse to give you a locker key unless you are a spa customer (happened twice on the Crown to us) most of the time it was OK, but when the spa manager is around they tell you the lockers are only for spa customers. If it happens to you, tell the Passenger service manager. We went to him and he called the spa and let them know that the lockers are for ALL to use. This was on the Crown last spring. They have 50 or 52 lockers in the spa area and, believe me, there is NO WAY IN H... that they would ever have that many male customers in the spa at the same time (maybe 50 a week, LOL)

Archived