"Fun Ship" Cruise Dollars

SB2788

Greetings,

I recently booked a cruise aboard the Carnival Legend, departing on the 23rd of August through my regular travel agent. When I booked my cruise, I paid the $250 per person deposit and went on my merry way. Throughout the years, I have accumulated around 80,000 miles from American Airlines Advantage program. Every time I attempted to use said miles, I would be given some sort of run around. Given my frustration with the program, I cashed in my miles on points.com for the purchase of three "Fun Ship" Cruise Dollars certificates at $100 each. Today, I received the certificates in the mail and was horrified to read on the back of the certificates that they may not be used for bookings made through travel agents nor are they able to be used towards on-board credits. Do I have any real options when it comes to using these certificates on my 8/23/09 cruise?

If I am unable to use it towards this cruise, I would also be willing to sell them for face value. If anyone knows of any place I may do so, please let me know.

I mailed mine in for on-board credit. We're going to have the money (about $500) applied to our S&S accounts when we check in.

If you have questions, call 1-800-906-7603 during normal work hours. They will be able to help you.

The terms and conditions of Fun Ship Dollars can also be found here Fun Ship Dollars

Hi,

I called the number in the first reply (Thank you) and they reiterated the same information posted on the certificate regarding not being able to use it towards on-board credits and using it when booked with a travel agent. If you all would like, I would scan a copy of one of the certificates so you can see what I'm referring to.

Thanks for your replies!

Archived