What happens when..

Lindajean:

Flying into Fort Lauderdale is a breeze and so is getting to the ship.

It only takes about 15 to 20 minutes to get to the ship from the airport by taxi.

On most Regent ships you will be allowed to board around 12:30 / 1:00 pm but

will not be able to go to your cabins until 2:00 / 2:30 pm. In the mean time everyone

lounges around in the public areas and have lunch available on board.

Now if you arrive really early I suppose you could do some sort of tour. (Maybe a Everglade tour), or have the taxi drop you off at Embassy Suites Hotel, (15 minutes from airport), put your luggage in a corner,(which is what a lot of people do there), and go for a walk around the area. Harbor Town shops are right behind the hotel. Places to eat around the area too. Liquor stores, drug stores, Ross for Less, are all right there.

Then take their shuttle or get a taxi to the ship which is only about 10 minutes away.

We have met friends getting off a cruise and have late flights meet us at the Embassy Suites and it does work well.

Like to recommend you look at another Cruise Critic site which also will be very helpful to you.

1st go to Cruise Critic message board

2nd go to North America Home Ports

3rd go to East Coast Departures

4th go to Florida Departures

There will be a lot of talk about Fort Lauderdale on this site.

Debbie...if you book your flight through Regent, as I have to Singapore, does that mean they meet you with transportation to your hotel?? Or do you have to also book the hotel through them, which I won't do. Would seem to me that I am on my own regarding transportation to the hotel...right? Thanks.

Debbie...if you book your flight through Regent, as I have to Singapore, does that mean they meet you with transportation to your hotel?? Or do you have to also book the hotel through them, which I won't do. Would seem to me that I am on my own regarding transportation to the hotel...right? Thanks.

Right.

As to the original question of what to do with an early flight arrival, Regent will normally start boarding at noon so there may not be much time you have to wait. I usually enjoy boarding early and then get off to explore if there is time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

we're flying from Phx to Ft Lauderdsale..only red eyes get us there in the am. So I wasn't necessarily worried, just curious..

Lilindajean, Prior to Voyager's broken pod problems in May we booked Regent air. They scheduled us on a daytime Non-stop from LAX but it required a "forced overnight" since we couldn't do it all in one day with 3 hour time difference. They were paying for an overnight for us at Ft. Lauderdale Embassy Suites. I'm not sure if this is the norm or not as we have normally booked our own air. BTW, our cruise was cancelled anyway with the pod problem.

Archived