STOCKHOLM - Constellation August 17&18

Hi!!

We are defining the details for next Cruise which will stop in Stockholm from August 17 (8am) to August 18 (2pm).

We already got a Stockholm Card (24h) to use it for both sites fees and local transportation.

We should be at S167 Pier - Stadsgarden and plan to visit: Vaasa Museum, Skansen, Gamla Stan, Royal Palace, City Hall as minimum plus an Ice Bar stop and Canal Tour using the one included in the Card.

Having just a card for 24h we need to postpone as much as possible its first use of course therefore we need to know if we can walk from the Pier to Gamla Stan on the first day.

Of course any suggestion how to fit all the places we want to visit is welcomed.

Ciao

:rolleyes:

To walk from Stadsgården to Gamla Stan is no problem at all, you just walk along a quay, you will see Gamla Stan in front of you. I think there is a line to follow, to set you off in the right direction. It will probably take 20 to 30 minutes unless you are slow walkers.

I would start out by doing Vasa and Skansen. Vasa opens at 8:30am during the summer and, in my estimation, it will be easier to do it before the crowds make it there.

I also like to start the day at the more remote sites, working our way closer to the ship as the day progresses. That way, we can make a run for it just minutes from the all-aboard.

I don't disagree about doing Vasa in the morning - but because they want to activate the card later in the first day so they get some use on both days, they could save the Vasa for day 2. You'd have plenty of time for the Vasa on the 2nd day (we did not do Skansen - but Vasa can be done if about 1-2 hours depending on your need to read every plaque. I would think that you could fit both in from 8:30 -12:30 - and then hustle back to the ship. Neither is walking distance from the ship - but you can take a boat.

We did not walk from the ship to Gamla Stan - but many did. It's a fair hike. Another option might be to just get enough Krone to take a city bus into town (they pick up about 2 blocks from the pier) and then do City Hall - then move to Gamla Stan and stay for the changing of the guard (at 12 ish - but you need to be there a bit early to get a place to see.)

have fun

Another option might be to just get enough Krone to take a city bus into town (they pick up about 2 blocks from the pier) and then do City Hall -

Having kronor is one thing, but that will do you no good whatsoever on the bus. Buses do not accept any form of cash. You need to have a ticket ahead of time.

Cheers

Al

Thanks you all for your reply.

Yes, our aim is to activate the card as later we can.

1) Therefore we plan to walk to Gamla Stan: I can see we can reach it half an hour and it seems a nice walk (isn't it?).

2) Then we could stay in Gamla sourrondings waiting for changing of the guard (maybe including city hall or Royal Palace)

3) After (aroung 1pm or as soon after the changing of the guard)) we'll move to Skansen by bus #47 (I can see ferry from Slussen is not included in the card) We prefer start with Skansen due to the fact it's a "open-sky" attraction and most of it close at 5pm and I think it coulb be nice to spend a long time here

4) if we have time (I suppose yes) we'll go to Vaasa which closes ad 6pm

5) then back to the centre/ship; not sure if we have time to take the historical canal tour at 6.30pm.

6) any suggestions for the evening? We'll have a dinner on the ship but after we'd like to spend the evening in the town of course, maybe I suppose Gamla is the right place?

7) the second day we'll go back to Gamla (by bus) and take the canal tour at 10.30am (if we missed the day before) and visiting City Hall and Royal Palace. I think we'd have enough time to be back to the ship at 1pm.

8) in case we cannot visit Vaasa the 1st day, we'll anticipate canal tour the 1st day and visit Vaasa the second.

Suggestions?

Just thought that this map may be helpful. It will show you where Stadsgården port is and also the places where you intend to go in Stockholm. So here is a link: http://maps.google.se/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=100446628536787947860.000448dadb8bebb56f079&z=12

Hi North Bound

Many tanks for posting that link, it's a great help

Cheers :D

Archived