Will ncl allow 2 adlt 3 chld in oceanview rm

I think they make you get a suite for 5 people. We had a balcony on the Sun last year and there was a sofa, a queen bed and a pull down bed. The sofa could easily sleep 2 and the cabin could comfortably accommodate 5 but they only allow 4 in a regular balcony.

I know they do allow 5 in an oceanview room because we are booked in one on the Sky (although there are only a few available). Not sure if the Jade has oceanview rooms for 5 though. Your best bet would be to call them directly and ask just to be sure.

thx 4 all your quick responses. I really can't afford a suite. my children are 11, 7 and 4. I cannot pay for 2 rooms either since it is a double occupancy fare. However, I will call to see if they will make an exception:confused: thx a great deal

Will you report back what you find out? Would love to take 3 kids with me next time. Thanks!!

thx 4 all your quick responses. I really can't afford a suite. my children are 11, 7 and 4. I cannot pay for 2 rooms either since it is a double occupancy fare. However, I will call to see if they will make an exception:confused: thx a great deal

I very much doubt they will make an exception as they are controlled on how many people are allowed per cabin and per ship for that matter.

Do let us know but I will be surprised if they do.

The ship is designed with most cabins being for two passengers, some with three, and others four. One almost has to get a suite to squeeze five passengers into a cabin. While one can easily find space for a fifth passenger, the passengers forget there are only so many lifeboats. These lifeboats are distributed with certain cabins in mind all of the time, not by the number of passengers per each cruise. One wouldn't want one cabin's passengers split between two or more lifeboats.

I know they do allow 5 in an oceanview room because we are booked in one on the Sky (although there are only a few available). Not sure if the Jade has oceanview rooms for 5 though. Your best bet would be to call them directly and ask just to be sure.

Only the Sky and Sun have outside cabins that will hold 5.

Good luck :) I am 99.99% percent certain you will not like the answer. Keep us in the loop.

If you wait until the Sun is doing the Baltic's next summer you can book an outside cabin for 5. Book it soon the few they have go fast. There are still 6 category D oceanviews for 5 still open for July 15 2010

Here are the cabin categories and cabin numbers that will accommodate more than a quad on the Jade:

A1 - 14000, 14500

A3 - 14006, 14008, 14010, 14012, 14506, 14508, 14510, 14512

AB - 11006, 11012, 11018, 11024, 11030, 11506, 11512, 11518, 11424,11530

I'm afraid it's not up to NCL whether to make an exception for you. The cabins are rated for up to a specific number of passengers and the ship is rated for up to a specific total passengers onboard. The Coast Guard (and probably other agencies, but I don't know which) are the ones who set the total numbers. NCL can't just "squeeze" in an extra passenger to a cabin rated for four. (Caveat: There are limited exceptions for infants; not sure why it's allowed, but occassionally it is.) In any case, I don't see how they could fit a fifth bed into one of those oceanview cabins. They're not large by any means. I'm trying to envision where they could put a rollaway bed and still leave even enough room to walk to the bathroom.

There are some options, but none of them will give you one oceanview cabin for five on Jade. You could change to one of the NCL ships that has a limited number of oceanview cabins for five. You could change cruise lines to one that has a ship or ships that have some regular (non-suite) cabins that accomodate and are rated for five; for example, RCI has "family oceanview cabins" that are not suites, but that sleep five or six. On Jade, you'll need to book two cabins or book an AB suite (at a minimum). I understand that the last option is out of the question; we couldn't manage it either. Booking two connecting inside cabins (which would likely be less expensive than booking two connecting oceanview cabins) may be the most economical thing you can do. Unfortunately, you're booking pretty late for a cruise this July, so there may not be any connecting cabins available, and you really can't put children that young in a non-connecting cabin. I'm not sure what your options will be at this point. As a matter of fact, the ship may be a capacity control maximums for 3rd/4th passenger cabins. You need to check with NCL and/or a travel agent, who can investigate your options at this point.

Hope you can work it out.

beachchick

We are doing 5 in an outside cabin on the Sky in August. Three kids, 12, 5 and 1.

If a longer cruise is desired, consider the Sky on a back to back. This gives you 7 day for a family of 4 I priced it out at about $1400 including port charges. I'm not too sure about 5 in an oceanview, but we normally tae our niece on our summer road trip and wanted to take her on this. She is the 12 year old.

Some of the suites make me wonder whats up with NCL. If its a cost thing or what limiting some of the suites.

Suite on the spirit is more than 2x bigger than a outside quad. Yet they still limit you to 4.

900sq ft (close to it) on the epic will get you "2" people max.

What cabins are you referring to. . All of the largest suites on the Epic allow more the 2. The A3s can be booked for 6 and even the Deluxe Owners suites on the Epic and be booked for 4. :confused:

Here are the cabin categories and cabin numbers that will accommodate more than a quad on the Jade:

A1 - 14000, 14500

A3 - 14006, 14008, 14010, 14012, 14506, 14508, 14510, 14512

AB - 11006, 11012, 11018, 11024, 11030, 11506, 11512, 11518, 11424,11530

All of these are suites. The OP is on a limited budget that won't allow for a suite.

Blessingking2000 - For many years my husband and I got two cabins and split the kids between us. It worked fabulous for all of us. Got extra rooms keys so we could all access both rooms, it kept everything less cluttered, it gave the kids more space for those infrequent moments (NOT) when they were getting on each other's nerves. My husband and I found plenty of things to do together. No experience with this on NCL but on disney two inside rooms were cheaper than a balcony that would hold 5.

If you are really wanting a balcony just remember that the ship is full of balconies in all the public areas. Fresh, outside air and a view are only a few minutes walk from all the staterooms.

I hope you find something that will work for you. Cruising is our "happy place" and I am so glad we first did it when the kids were little as it has given us years of wonderful family vacations and memories.

Some of the suites make me wonder whats up with NCL. If its a cost thing or what limiting some of the suites.

Suite on the spirit is more than 2x bigger than a outside quad. Yet they still limit you to 4.

FYI, All the suites on the Spirit are 2 or 3 passengers max. There are no suites that will allow 4 on the Spirit. Actually, there are no balconies on the Spirit that allow 4. There are only 9 oceanviews that allow 4 on the Spirit.

All of these are suites. The OP is on a limited budget that won't allow for a suite.

I got that the OP was on a budget. The purpose of my post was to answer if any of the cabins on the ship they were looking at would hold more than a quad...Also, sometimes when pricing out a suite vs two cabins, there may not be that much of a price difference because passenger 3 through 8 will pay what 3 and 4 would pay if they traveled in an inside cabin...More than one way at looking at this.

FYI, All the suites on the Spirit are 2 or 3 passengers max. There are no suites that will allow 4 on the Spirit. Actually, there are no balconies on the Spirit that allow 4. There are only 9 oceanviews that allow 4 on the Spirit.

Both AA Owner's suites, deck 9, on the Spirit can be booked for 4 passengers

Archived