Eurodam July 22, 2009 Atlantis

DCParky

• 1 month later...

We are also going on the cruise. We are a personal trainer and fitness instrucrtor couple who would like to find other interested parties to do sunrise/sunset yoga, Pilates, core traning sessions in more of our "family" environment without what is usually the 'straight' fitness forms that the ship offers. Usually these Atlantis ships offer NOTHING in terms of gay fitness, so we are offering to get togeter w/others for fun...perhaps outdoor on deck for sunrise/sunset/sailaway sessions. We can make classes as fun/easy/hard as needed. Just communicate with us!

Lawrence & Bernard

This is important to cruisers on HAL calling Warnemünde from July 20, 2009 until August 10, 2009 (estimated - period might be extended) and who are interested to book a pure train transfer with HAL.

We have been on EURODAM and saw in the Shore Excursion List, that your chartered train will terminates in

Berlin-Lichtenberg

which is far away from the city center.

So if you book just the train transfer:

The commuter train service to the major attractions around the stations:

Alexanderplatz

Hackescher Markt

Friedrichstraße

Hauptbahnhof

is suspended as 75% of rail cars are grounded!

The management was fired as they did not follow the instructions of the Rail Inspection Authorities to make special checks... do not laugh... cost cuttings... to going public...

Only chance to get to the City Center from Lichtenberg:

Subway U5 towards Alexanderplatz.

From here Bus 100 towards U+S Zoologischer Garten will take you to all major sights.

Make sure that you know this before you book the train transfer only as you need to be back right on time.

Or you book the minimum incl. overview of Berlin that you get a transfer from this station to the City Center although it's more expensive.

But the city will be mad if the Commuter-Trains (S-Bahn) will not run. It's same like no subway in New York City.

You can also check the alternative to book independently with public trains from Warnemünde to Berlin as EURODAM and ROTTERDAM are the only ship who can make it with the direct train to Berlin Central Station which is close to all major sights.

Spend time can be extended to 8 1/2 hours in Berlin.

More information see here:

http://heinbloed-cruiseguides.blogspot.com/2009/01/warnemunde-train-1st-class-vs-2nd-class.html

I just want to make sure that all of you get right time back to your ship and will keep Berlin and Germany in a good memory and do not like to read that some of you get stucked here...

Regards,

HeinBloed

Nobody is answering our roll call! Have you found anyone answering somewhere else?

I have the same problem on my roll-call for NORWEGIAN GEM in November 2009. I cannot believe that I am the only one.

If nobody else is here to wish you a bon voyage: let me do it...

or you register here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1022054

And for your anticipation:

2009EURODAM20716-vi.jpg

2009EURODAM20815-vi.jpg

2009EURODAM30302-vi.jpg

2009RPP072-vi.jpg

2009EURODAM31007-vi.jpg

Hope you are feeling better now and will have a great cruise as we had.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Archived