Last minute ? RE: Transfers from YVR to Canada Place

cruiseguy2

I think I have this correct:

With the US Direct program and having scheduled Princess transfers from YVR to Canada Place port, the bags are transferred directly from the baggage claim to the van/bus taking us to the port. Is this correct? I believe this is what I read and I do have the Diamond Princess luggage tags already attached.

Thanks in advance!

I thought US Direct was for going from the ship to the airport? It's totally different than regular Princess transfers and is an additional fee.

With regular Princess transfers, you will arrive in YVR, go through Customs & Immigration, then collect your bags, see a Princess rep., who will take the bags and point you in the direction of the busses. Hopefully, you won't have to wait for an hour for the bus to fill up like we did. :(

We booked a private limo from High End Limo at the airport. For 5 of us it was cheaper than the Princess transfer. They were sort of recomended by Putterdude who posts all the time. He live in the area. Figured if they turn out to be bad I will just do some forever live in the sand trap dance for his golfing.

http://www.highendlimo.ca/

We booked a private limo from High End Limo at the airport. For 5 of us it was cheaper than the Princess transfer. They were sort of recomended by Putterdude who posts all the time. He live in the area. Figured if they turn out to be bad I will just do some forever live in the sand trap dance for his golfing.

http://www.highendlimo.ca/

So that was you looking over my shoulder this morning on 13 when I stuck a ball so deep in the sand I could hardly see the top of it.... took a double....thanks.:rolleyes:

There is much conjecture about when US Direct begins this year so for this month I would be very inclined to plan to go by limo if there is more than 2 or 3 pax. High End now has the contract with YVR to provide limo service from the airport to downtown and return...the cost is $39 + 5% tax and tip. This is the walk up rate, if you reserve they do charge more.

So that was you looking over my shoulder this morning on 13 when I stuck a ball so deep in the sand I could hardly see the top of it.... took a double....thanks.:rolleyes:

There is much conjecture about when US Direct begins this year so for this month I would be very inclined to plan to go by limo if there is more than 2 or 3 pax. High End now has the contract with YVR to provide limo service from the airport to downtown and return...the cost is $39 + 5% tax and tip. This is the walk up rate, if you reserve they do charge more.

Must have done on accident as I was digging out myself.

My quote for larger size was as follows:

Car Type: Stretch

Rate: $45.00 + gst(5%).

Works out to be about the same as the other transfers with 5 people total.

I think I have this correct:

With the US Direct program and having scheduled Princess transfers from YVR to Canada Place port, the bags are transferred directly from the baggage claim to the van/bus taking us to the port. Is this correct? I believe this is what I read and I do have the Diamond Princess luggage tags already attached.

Thanks in advance!

Have you actually booked US Direct? If you have, then your luggage should be transferred directly to the ship. At least that is the way it worked last year for friends who used the program. We used US Direct from the ship to the airport and they picked up our bags when we set them out the last night and we did not see them again until we reached our destination. There is a fee in addition to the transfer fee. It is a huge time saver though and worth every penny.

US Direct is not something you have to book; it's a service you can use and you are eligible to use it if you are arriving at YVR the day of embarcation and have arrainged to use Princess transfers to the ship. You do not go to baggage claim (or leave a secure area); make sure your bags are properly tagged with your Princess luggage tags and they will be delivered directly to your cabin. Follow the signage, and the many people giving directions to US Direct, and you be ushered to a holding area and then led to buses that will be sealed for the drive to the pier. There is some waiting involved here, but the prize at the end was well worth it to me: when you reach the pier you will pick up your cabin keycard and walk onto the ship in minutes since you won't have to go through Canadian customs. Drop off your carry-ons at the cabin, refresh yourself, and head up to lido deck for lunch and the start of a wonderful cruise. Enjoy!

US Direct is not something you have to book; it's a service you can use and you are eligible to use it if you are arriving at YVR the day of embarcation and have arrainged to use Princess transfers to the ship. You do not go to baggage claim (or leave a secure area); make sure your bags are properly tagged with your Princess luggage tags and they will be delivered directly to your cabin. Follow the signage, and the many people giving directions to US Direct, and you be ushered to a holding area and then led to buses that will be sealed for the drive to the pier. There is some waiting involved here, but the prize at the end was well worth it to me: when you reach the pier you will pick up your cabin keycard and walk onto the ship in minutes since you won't have to go through Canadian customs. Drop off your carry-ons at the cabin, refresh yourself, and head up to lido deck for lunch and the start of a wonderful cruise. Enjoy!

Please note that the OP is leaving from YVR after the cruise is over. In order to use US Direct you have to sign up for it on the ship. It might be called by another name such as Express Baggage Handling but it means that you do not have to deal with your luggage until you arrive at your destination and you do not have to go through customs (you do have to file a declaration though).

Judy, that's what I thought too. ;) If sailing into YVR and leaving out of the airport there, then you sign up while onboard and must have purchased Princess transfers.

Something to remember also is that space is limited so it is a good idea to sign up early in the cruise.

Archived