Bermuda Beaches

mark39

Could someone please tell me what the beach is like in Bermuda that is near where the boat docks. I will be sailing from Boston to Bermuda in a few weeks with my family. We like to snorkle and swim and I was wondering would we enjoy the beach. We live in New England and we do not have many opportunities to snorkle here as the water is usually cold and not very clear. Pleasae tell me what you liked and disliked about the beach. Thanks

The beach is Snorkel Park I believe it is a manmade beach. It is on the small size but it makes for a quick trip to the beach. We just came back from there on the Spirit and spent some time there on Sunday because we really didn't have much time to go to any other beach. A friend of ours went snorkeling for about an hour. He is not a beginner and found it very enjoyable and lots of fish. He did not bring any food with him like fruit loops if he did he was sure that he would have seen more. There seems to be some night entertainment too. I heard that the crew goes there and passengers for a good night of dancing etc.

Could someone please tell me what the beach is like in Bermuda that is near where the boat docks. I will be sailing from Boston to Bermuda in a few weeks with my family. We like to snorkle and swim and I was wondering would we enjoy the beach. We live in New England and we do not have many opportunities to snorkle here as the water is usually cold and not very clear. Pleasae tell me what you liked and disliked about the beach. Thanks

From what I've seen, in my three trips to Bermuda, the snorkeling is either very good or very bad. Good at the beaches with rock formations, bad at the wide beaches with flat, sandy bottoms.

Since Snorkel Park, near where your ship will dock, is man-made I would encourage you to visit one or more of the natural beaches. I really enjoyed the snorkeling at Tobacco Bay Beach. I don't remember trying to snorkel at Horseshoe Bay Beach, but it's a breath-taking beautiful beach. Elbow Beach is beautiful too, but pretty much a flat, sandy bottom without much snorkeling action.

Archived