Reminder for folks sailing into/out of Seattle June 21st!

Jenbo57

The Livestrong Challenge is taking place in Seattle on June 21st. The course starts/ends at the Seattle Center, and winds it's way through downtown Seattle before heading southeast. Bikers head out first (7:00 a.m.), followed by the walkers/runners at 8:00 a.m. Expect traffic/pedestrian/and participant congestion and plan accordingly!

Details here:

http://www.livestrongchallenge.org/site/c.frKPI1PAIoE/b.3935399/

My husband's disappointed that he can't participate, but we leave on our cruise that day!

You are so awesome to let us know. We are leaving on the Pearl that day. Although the Pearl doesn'tleave till 4, our family is very strange in that we love to board as early as possible and start to enjoy the ship. ( We will have time pre and post crusie in Seattle which is why we can afford the time). We are staying at Hotel Andra.What time do you suggest we leave? We are 4 adults with luggage and thought we would have the hotel call for a taxi or town car to get us to pier 66.

You are so awesome to let us know. We are leaving on the Pearl that day. Although the Pearl doesn'tleave till 4, our family is very strange in that we love to board as early as possible and start to enjoy the ship. ( We will have time pre and post crusie in Seattle which is why we can afford the time). We are staying at Hotel Andra.What time do you suggest we leave? We are 4 adults with luggage and thought we would have the hotel call for a taxi or town car to get us to pier 66.

Hotel Andra is in the Belltown neighborhood, at 4th & Virginia, so you're 5 minutes (or less) to the pier! Most of the participants in the Livestrong event should be cleared out of the downtown area by 10 at the latest, so you shouldn't have any trouble at all getting to Pier 66 as early as you'd like! :)

Jenbo57,

What is your opinion about getting to Pier 91 on that Sunday ? We are leaving on the Star Princess the 21st and are staying at the W hotel one night on Saturday, June 20th.

Should we try to leave very early for the ship or take a chance and wait until everything clears up and have a late arrival at Pier 91 ? Sure don't want to miss the departure :eek:

Will the race take place in the area of the W hotel ? :confused:

Thanks for your input !

Jenbo57,

What is your opinion about getting to Pier 91 on that Sunday ? We are leaving on the Star Princess the 21st and are staying at the W hotel one night on Saturday, June 20th.

Should we try to leave very early for the ship or take a chance and wait until everything clears up and have a late arrival at Pier 91 ? Sure don't want to miss the departure :eek:

Will the race take place in the area of the W hotel ? :confused:

Thanks for your input !

The W's on 4th; I don't think participants will be using 4th (but I'm pretty sure they're using 3rd and 5th).

If you plan accordingly this really shouldn't affect getting to the pier. Stop at the concierge desk when you check in on the 20th, and see what they recommend. They'll know what's going on downtown, how it's going to impact traffic, etc., and will know what time to put you in a cab to get you to the pier at whatever time you want to be there. We'll be sailing from 91 that day also; I'm not planning on getting there 'til about 1:00 or so. Livestrong should have cleared out, the early arrivals at the pier should be checked in, and hopefully we'll be able to breeze right on in!!! ;)

Good reminder - even for those of us that live here.:)

Oh yeah...I had forgotten all about it, 'til my husband mentioned that he would have signed up for it if it wasn't taking place on the day we were leaving on our cruise!

But this is the first year for this event in Seattle, isn't it?!? So who knows what kind of turnout they'll get...

Archived