Sapphire Princess stateroom selection help pls

wenzi

I am planning my first cruise (with my husband as our honeymoon), and first time to Alaska. So excited:)

I am very interested in the July 4th Sapphire ship southbound. Due to budget concern, my choice could be inside room or obstructed ocean view. Could anyone here give me any guidance as for:

1. Would obstructed ocean view worth the $50 buck/person more?

2. Would you choose obstructed view at category F (on Emerald) or inside at category I or JJ (higher decks)?

3. Is front-ship cabin on Aloha noisy? will a mid-ship Baja be better?

Thanks in advance!

1. Would obstructed ocean view worth the $50 buck/person more? -- Yes; I think any window is better than none.

2. Would you choose obstructed view at category F (on Emerald) or inside at category I or JJ (higher decks)? -- obstructed view on Emerald deck.

A cabin mid-ship is better than a far forward cabin because there'll be less ship movement, less noise from thrusters, anchor, etc. and mid-ship, you're more convenient to most things you'll do on the ship.

Congratulations and have a great honeymoon!

I am planning my first cruise (with my husband as our honeymoon), and first time to Alaska. So excited:)

I am very interested in the July 4th Sapphire ship southbound. Due to budget concern, my choice could be inside room or obstructed ocean view. Could anyone here give me any guidance as for:

2. Would you choose obstructed view at category F (on Emerald) or inside at category I or JJ (higher decks)?

Thanks in advance!

I would choose any outside cabin over an inside, unless you really want to live in a dark dungeon. However, looking at July 4th, all obstructed cabins are waitlisted. Ask Princess, or whomever you book with, to find out what number you are on the waitlist and then you can book the appropriate catagory.

We're also going on the same exact cruise (sapphire southbond on the 4th). We booked an inside this time since we're paying for family to come along too. Obstructed view means you have a tender hanging outside your window. If light is a necessity, you might wanted an obstructed view but I don't think it's much of a plus-since most of your view will be the bottom of an orange tender( boats that take you off the ship when you sail into shallow piers). I'd either stick with inside (which of course is always dark 24/7-only drawback) or go for oceanview or oceanview with balcony. From what I've seen these rooms are still reasonable- much cheaper than past years.

We're early 30's and so we usually go cheap on the rooms and splurge on the excursions-helicopter rides, etc. But it's definitely up to your preference. We did our honeymoon on the Sea Princess to the Mediterranean. Good luck :)

We're also going on the same exact cruise (sapphire southbond on the 4th). We booked an inside this time since we're paying for family to come along too. Obstructed view means you have a tender hanging outside your window. If light is a necessity, you might wanted an obstructed view but I don't think it's much of a plus-since most of your view will be the bottom of an orange tender( boats that take you off the ship when you sail into shallow piers). I'd either stick with inside (which of course is always dark 24/7-only drawback) or go for oceanview or oceanview with balcony. From what I've seen these rooms are still reasonable- much cheaper than past years.

We're early 30's and so we usually go cheap on the rooms and splurge on the excursions-helicopter rides, etc. But it's definitely up to your preference. We did our honeymoon on the Sea Princess to the Mediterranean. Good luck :)

Incorrect. Not all obstructed views have boats hanging in front of the windows. Some have only davits, which affords quite a nice ocean view.

Obstructed view means you have a tender hanging outside your window. If light is a necessity, you might wanted an obstructed view but I don't think it's much of a plus-since most of your view will be the bottom of an orange tender( boats that take you off the ship when you sail into shallow piers).
Not necessarily. Some obstructed view cabins have a view between lifeboats, some have just the davit. I had one that had a ladder as the "obstruction." For me, it's not just the light but even with a fully-obstructed view cabin, you can see whether it's sunny or rainy, morning or night. That's not a priority for some people but as I discovered when I had an inside cabin, it's something that I discovered I really wanted; I felt disoriented without being able to see out a window no matter what was out there.

Thanks in advance!

This should give you some ideas:

Album with different cabins, many obstructed view on the Emerald deck of Sapphire

http://travel.webshots.com/album/570254128ZwSkkg

Archived