Passport question

Can anyone help us, my wife's passport is expiring in December and we are going on a cruise October 27th. My question is , Is there a certain number of days to the expiration date to enter the Caribbean and return to the United States.We will be returning November 6.Any help will be appreciated.thanks

If you are doing a closed loop cruise as in leaving and returning to the same US port then you don't even need a passport just a birth certificate and photo id, so you will be fine with it expiring two months later.

Have fun. If you will feel better get it renewed early.

The OP is not doing a closed loop cruise and will need a passport. It must be valid for 6 months so she should apply for her new one.

where are you seeing that it has to be valid for 6 months? Not on RCCL site.

NO< they do NOT. You don't even NEED a passport just a birth certificate and photo id

OP needs a valid passport for this cruise.... BC and Photo ID will not be accepted. Per Royal Caribbean Reps. Rule of thumb is that passports must NOT EXPIRE within 6 months of your cruise.

OP needs a valid passport for this cruise.... BC and Photo ID will not be accepted. Per Royal Caribbean Reps. Rule of thumb is that passports must NOT EXPIRE within 6 months of your cruise.

Where you are all seeing the 6 month rule? As far as I have ever seen that is only for some European countries when you are flying there not any cruises.

Land/Sea Travel

Beginning June 1, 2009

U.S. citizens entering the United States at sea or land ports of entry are required to have documents that comply with the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI), most commonly a U.S. passport, a passport card, a trusted traveler card such as NEXUS, SENTRI or FAST, or an enhanced driver's license. See the complete list of WHTI-compliant documents.

http://www.dhs.gov

I am not sure about the 6mo rule, but if you are over the age of 15 you need a passport.

Archived