Back from Alaska on Spirit - May 27th

daniel21

We got back on Saturday from the 7days on the Spirit and 3 days in Denali.

I have to say I was a bit disappointed with Carnival Spirit. The food was bland, the entertainment was terrible, there weren't very many attivities planned (besides BINGO), and the naked art everywhere was not very family friendly...

As for the Courtsey Desk -they were horrible. Our room flooded (before we left the dock). Something on the toilet broke and within seconds water was running out of the bathroom into our room and hallway. The guy that I found by the elevator was great and got people working on it immediately and keep apoligizing. He told me to go down and report it to the courtsey desk, which I did. They didn't seem to worried, they had people on it and it should be fixed soon. They turned the water off to 30 cabins to fix OUR problem. I asked if we were going to be moved considering over 1/2 of our room floor was wet... NOPE they had too many people on the upgrade list. We could have an inside room if we wanted to switch from our balcony room. ARE THEY KIDDING???? They brought 3 large fans in the room which was like a tornado, things were flying everywhere. We didn't get to unpack the luggage until the next day. My allergies were horrible if I was in the room longer than a few hours.

Oh they did offer 6 free drink coupons --- big deal (we carried our own on anyways and didn't need the coupons.)

This was the worst cruise I have been on.

As for ALASKA, I am so ready to go back.

I am so sorry you had so many issues with your cruise. We were on the Carnival Spirit from Whittier to Vancouver last Sept. and we thoroughly enjoyed every moment of our cruise. We have been on other cruise lines and really do prefer Carnival over the others we have tried. I hope you got a chance to enjoy Alaska and can put your disappointment behind you!

Archived