Turbo Jam

Has anyone here tried Turbo Jam? For the most part, I hear GREAT reviews about it. I'm looking for something else to do in addition to the 30 Day Shred. I'm not really looking to lose weight, but instead, build endurance and just generally increase my fitness level. A 4-pack couldn't hurt either ;).

Edit: then again, given my body composition, I doubt that a 4-pack is EVER in my future :(

Okay, don't mind me...I know I'm basically talking to myself on here, but I'm putting down this info in case anyone does a search in the future since I didn't see a thread dedicated to this...

I got my Turbo Jam in the mail 2 days after ordering on amazon!! I did the cardio party (4/5 of it or something) using youtube earlier. It was a pretty good workout. Using the DVD, I did the 20 min workout (and yes, you were right...easier than 30 day shred). Directly after that, I did turbo sculpt...pretty good..then after that I did the ab video. OMG the abs...my obliques have NEVEr been worked that hard! All in all I really like the DVDs. They don't push as hard as they could, I don't think, but they seem like they'll keep you motivated and CONSISTENT. I'd much rather have a workout regime that didn't work me quite as hard as some others, but that kept me dedicated. Also, I think the workouts will seem harder once I incorporate some wrist and ankle weights to the cardio...and up my turbo sculpt dumbbells to 8 lbs instead of 5 lbs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

:D Hi! I haven't used Turbo Jam but I am using Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred, No More Troble Zones, and Exhale Fusion. I mix it up with Core Rythms for Cardio. Core Rythms is awsome for your abs, legs, and upper back....at least for me.

I love the shred!! It's so quick, but it really works you! I actually type out the workouts to take on vacations w/me! Gets the job done in about 25 min!

Haven't tried JM's other stuff...or Core Rythms...thanks for the suggestions! I'll have to try them.

Hey! I just ordered both the shred and Turbo Jam. Are you enjoying the workouts? Seeing good results?

Awesome! How do you like them so far? I still need to order the 30 DS DVDs, bc I currently use the ones On Demand on TV - they only show the 1st and 2nd phases.

I actually have stopped using Turbo Jam quite as much. I think it's bc I like having a short workout that incorporates both cardio and weight training. Turbo Jam has a 20 min. workout, but there are no weights...it also has a sculpting part, but it's longer than 20 min. I sorta got sick of doing punches, too, since there is so much repetition. All in all, I'm glad that I have it to start my fitness DVD collection bc I do use it from time to time, but I just don't use it as much as I thought that I would. Also...the abs part really got easy, unfortunately. As I wrote in another post, it was killer at first on the obliques, but now I barely feel anything.

I am seeing pretty good results considering that I don't diet, drink too much when I do drink (at least once a week), and eat pretty bad (McDonalds, Panda Express, spaghetti w/lotsa cheese, Fat Burger, Pizza Bolis, etc). I see more definition in my stomach, and my legs/arms have definitely gotten more toned. I can also do 10 pushups now, pretty easily - my goal is at least 30...hoping for 50.

I REALLY am curious about the p90x now. I love switching up workouts, but I'm worried that I won't be able to handle some of the exercises of the p90x, even w/the modified versions.

K, update:

I've decided to make my workouts harder by using wrist weights - definitely more of a challenge.

Also, instead of p90x, I saw this new Beachbody workout video by Shaun T called Insanity. That sounds right up my alley! - sorta like the ride in Las Vegas on top of Stratosphere!!! Anyways, I will update with info about this, also, if I end up purchasing it.

• 1 month later...

I love Turbo Jam, I have been doing it for 2 months now and I have lost already 25 lbs and the inches omg that have disappeared is amazing. I work out 5 days a week rotating on the schedule given. I dont even use weights yet, but plan on it soon. I also just ordered another of her dvd sets ChaLean Extreme which is more of a toning program with weights and resistance bands, just waiting for it to come in. The rate I am going if I stay on this path I will be down 40 to 50 lbs by Cruising Date Dec. 19th. Granted I am on a great diet plan also thru Sparkpeople.com.

Archived