Camp Carnival and dining options question

s318830

I'm going on a family cruise in July on Carnival Spirit with my family and will be taking my two kids (ages 3 and 4) with me. I'm interested in 2-3 adult-only dinners since this is a cruise in honor of my stepmother (who has incurable cancer) and dining with little kids can be so distracting at times.

My previous cruises have been on RCI so I just got a babysitter for dinner. But I know Carnival doesn't have in-room babysitting. I've also seen that Camp Carnival's hours show they are closed during the 6pm dinner.

But, I've also seen people comment on taking their kids to dine with the Camp Carnival staff during the 6pm dinner time. So is Camp Carnival closed, but the kids can go with the staff to dinner during that time-frame?

We were on the Carnival Glory in March. They had a Camp Carnival dinner several nights during our cruise. You signed up for it at the regular drop-off location the day of the dinner. At the assigned time - slightly before main seating, I took the children to a spot in the aft of the buffet where the Camp Carnival staff was set up. They had a checkin table there. Just like the regular Camp Carnival areas, parents were not allowed beyond the checkin. The kids had a kid friendly dinner and then were taken by the staff back to the regular Camp Carnival area where parents could pick them up at their leisure- sometime before Camp Carnival closing. I don't think that there was a charge for this.

My 3 year old especially loved the Camp dinners. He and his 10 year old sister were particularly miffed when I refused to let them eat at Camp the last night of the cruise. They really preferred it to dining with me in the main dining room.

Thanks! And if anyone can provide specifics on which nights, or how many nights this is an option, I'd really appreciate it. My stepmother actually has late dinner with her travel group and will be dropping back into our slot (and taking the kids' seats) only on certain nights. Knowing which nights to plan for would be great.

Thanks! And if anyone can provide specifics on which nights, or how many nights this is an option, I'd really appreciate it. My stepmother actually has late dinner with her travel group and will be dropping back into our slot (and taking the kids' seats) only on certain nights. Knowing which nights to plan for would be great.

I think it is every night but the first one. Go onto Carnival's forum here and run a search for the kids capers...they print it in those.

On the Legend last year the little ones could eat with the kids staff every night of the cruise except the first one. My 3&4 year old loved it and looked forward to it every night. My 8 & 9 year old went a couple nights and joined us the other nights.....it was a nice option.

Our 20-year old ate with them on the 'elegant night' so we could enjoy one adult dinner. We checked him into Camp Carnival the same as at any other time. Of course then the other kids at the table were at dinner that night and everyone wondered where he was.

Our 20-year old ate with them on the 'elegant night' so we could enjoy one adult dinner. We checked him into Camp Carnival the same as at any other time. Of course then the other kids at the table were at dinner that night and everyone wondered where he was.

Oop, I mean 2-year old!

I was LOVING the visual of you checking your 20-yr old into Camp Carnival... The "big" boy sitting at the little table with all his friends. Perhaps a bib around his neck... LOL! I knew what you meant, but I loved the smile.

I was LOVING the visual of you checking your 20-yr old into Camp Carnival... The "big" boy sitting at the little table with all his friends. Perhaps a bib around his neck... LOL! I knew what you meant, but I loved the smile.

I was thinking wow, a 20yr old and camp dinner. They must REALLY hate dressing up forthe dining room!!!

Archived