Cost $ to get off of ship?

rcprncss

I have a friend going on an Alaska cruise in a few weeks. They are taking NCL. He was told by his Grandmother that it cost money to get off the ship. Is this true? I have only done Caribbean cruises and not an Alaska cruise...I told them it doesn't cost money to get off a ship but $$ for excursions. This doesn't make sense. I want to make sure I send him off with the right information. Thanks. :)

I have a friend going on an Alaska cruise in a few weeks. They are taking NCL. He was told by his Grandmother that it cost money to get off the ship.

Not, it certainly doesn't cost anything to get off the ship! :)

I've never hear of a ship charging to get off the ship. Excursions can be expensive, but they aren't required.

I've only done NCL in the Caribbean, but they certainly didn't charge anything there.

It sounds like grandmother is trying to let him know he needs to take money for excursions, incidentals and tips. It may have been a friendly reminder to take more cash than he had planned on taking. It's hard to tell.

There's two ways off the ship: one's free, the other costs $$$. The one you pay to get off of is your ordinary set of stairs, just like getting off a big airplane. The free one is a wooden plank, manned by pirates. The end of the plank leads to open sea water, sharks swimming underneath.

She might have heard about the $50 per person tax on cruise passengers that is charged to the cruise company.

I did notice an announcement about a per person tax to get off in some cities...but as you said, it is paid by the ship as part of your fare. UNLIKE the tax they hit many of our passengers in Mexico to LEAVE the country. OURS seem to have been paid with our airfare and weren't asked to pay more. Oh yes there is also an airport tax at YVR in Vancouver I read on their website...like 15$ ??? Also paid by your transporter??

I have a friend going on an Alaska cruise in a few weeks. They are taking NCL. He was told by his Grandmother that it cost money to get off the ship. Is this true? I have only done Caribbean cruises and not an Alaska cruise...I told them it doesn't cost money to get off a ship but $$ for excursions. This doesn't make sense. I want to make sure I send him off with the right information. Thanks. :)

nothing to get off the ship but dont surprised if it cost too get back on --with the souveniers you buy and bring back on :D. i always find things in the ports i cant do without to bring home. have a great time.

Archived