Hotels in Toronto & Ottawa - Coming to ship by ViaRail

We have a friend who lives in Burlington who has offered to take us to Niagara Falls from Burlington. So that's one option and renting the car is another. Thanks again for all the info and comments on the routing.

What you can do is take the GO Train to Burlington and have your friend pick you up there and let them drive to the Falls :). My hotel suggestion would be the Renaissance Inn on Wellington Street in the entertainment district of Toronto. If you go to Trip Advisor.com, it's the number one ranked Toronto hotel! :D My husband and I just stayed there last week. For $204 total we had a manager's reception from 6:00-7:00pm that was enough food to be dinner :cool:, a king bedded studio room with a full kitchen, and a full breakfast the next morning! We took the GO train from Burlington and then walked from the station to the hotel in less than 10 minutes! We saw the play The Sound of Music which was a five minute walk from the hotel!!! It's also right next to the Rogers Center and Sky Dome!! Truly a great place! :)

• 1 year later...

A new post might be required but in the mean time I will try to help. Not sure what your needs are for your visit. I arranged this hotel 3 years ago for my Dad and Step-Mom pre and post a train trip to Vancouver and back. They seems to enjoy the hotel, no complaints at all. The hotel is what I would consider on the edge of the Toronto downtown hotel area. It has been 3 years since I dropped them off before the trip and picked them up on the return. I don't remember a lot of restaurants in the area but we did walk the short distance west to Younge street and ended up at the Pickel Barrel ( I think ) for dinner on the day I dropped them off. I think I picked that hotel because of price/ relative quality, plus they were not planning any shopping or night activities, it was just a bed for the night. They simply took a cab to the train station the next morning. The large shopping centre the Eaton Center is on Younge Street as well. I have stayed at the Metropolitan, Delta Chelsea,and the Sheraton Center. We are planning another stay at the Sheraton Center this coming weekend. In short, the HIE you are asking about is a good hotel depending on what you plan to do while in Toronto. I would consider the area safe at night for walking to and from the Younge street and other downtown attractions. I prefer to be closer to Younge street and even better,the hotels that are just a block or so west of Younge Street. In my opinion the area west of Younge is better serviced. Hope this helps.

Archived