Atlantis crowds on July 3?

Regguy

Thinking way ahead about a quick 3-day get away cruise next year (2010) out of Miami. It stops in Nassau for a day, and we'd really like to do the waterpark/Atlantis day. The July 2 cruise looks best for us timing wise, but that would mean our Nassau day would be Saturday, July 3.

Any thoughts how crazy the Saturday of July 4 weekend will be at Atlantis? Crazy crowds and long waits for the water slides would be a bit of a bummer. We might also be able to go the next weekend -- which would put us at Atlantis on Saturday July 10. Would this be materially better?

Are there advantages to going on July 4 weekend? Our ship doesn't leave until the next morning (July 4), so we could stay late for fireworks if they have them, etc.

Thanks very much in advance.

Remember that the 4th is not a holiday in another country.

Bahamian hotels and tourist industry celebrate american holidays, such as July 4th for american tourists. You will find fireworks at both paradise Island and Cable Beach.. and because it's a "long weekend" american holiday.. it will be packed with american tourists. last year atlantis had a big bbq celebration. Not sure what this year will bring.

Bahamian hotels and tourist industry celebrate american holidays, such as July 4th for american tourists. You will find fireworks at both paradise Island and Cable Beach.. and because it's a "long weekend" american holiday.. it will be packed with american tourists. last year atlantis had a big bbq celebration. Not sure what this year will bring.

Oh I agree that they do... just stating that it is not a Bahamian Holiday... in fact some Bahamians are descendants of people who fled the US during the revolution. Once again I am trying to make people understand that the Bahamas is not a "part" of the US nor is it a "Disneyworld". It is another country with it's own holiday's....

Oh I agree that they do... just stating that it is not a Bahamian Holiday... in fact some Bahamians are descendants of people who fled the US during the revolution. Once again I am trying to make people understand that the Bahamas is not a "part" of the US nor is it a "Disneyworld". It is another country with it's own holiday's....

Thanks -- it's a good point and I understand it. But my original post and question was really just about crowds and the like. However Bahamians feel about other countries' holidays, it sounds as though the fact that it's a summer long weekend for the country (the U.S.) that sends a great number of tourists to Atlantis means it will be crowded in Nassau.

Thanks -- it's a good point and I understand it. But my original post and question was really just about crowds and the like. However Bahamians feel about other countries' holidays, it sounds as though the fact that it's a summer long weekend for the country (the U.S.) that sends a great number of tourists to Atlantis means it will be crowded in Nassau.

I'm sure Atlantis is hoping for huge crowds... and it should be crowded, BUT I live in a tourist area at the beach and this season is about half of what it was last year.... several friends have shops that are off that much this season from last. the 4th will be crowded but usually in June the beach is busy even on Mondays.... not so this year so far...

Archived