All categories closed simultaneously

rmmm

I noticed that all the categories on my sailing closed out on the same day. Does this mean that a large group will be on board or does HAL close out online bookings a certain amount of time before the cruise? I am sailing on June 27th. Thanks. Rose

This means the sailing is full or it is temporarily closed and will reopen. There are probably a large number of guarantees that need to be assigned. Large groups are usually booked or space reserved for them months ahead.

This happened with our Zuiderdam cruise 4/28/09 thru the Panama Canal and then a few days later it showed some cabins back open. When we got to the ship we found out the the auto association of several provinces in Canada had offered a great deal to their members since the cruise was from Ft Lauderdale and ended in Vancouver. There were at least 400-500 Canadians, who I love to be on cruises with because they are nice and not pushy like some other nationalities or New Yorkers, but it seemed like where ever you were on the ship you were meeting Canadians from Western Canada.

The ship made a stop in LA where we were getting off and supposingly a whole bunch more Canadians were boarding there. Again another deal with 4 days in Vegas and then a 3 day cruise supposingly filled up the ship after we left.

Anyway I would suspect you might find that someone has offered a "deal" to some group somewhere and that is why all the available cabins disappeared.

By the way we had a guaranteed balcony cabin and ended up with a VA cabin on the Navigation deck in spite of the sale.

It was a great cruise and hopefully yours will be also.

Have a great next cruise.

This means the sailing is full or it is temporarily closed and will reopen. There are probably a large number of guarantees that need to be assigned. Large groups are usually booked or space reserved for them months ahead.

Our June 12th cruise closed a few weeks ago. Up until then there were a lot of rooms available. I suspect it has to do with the juggling of the guarantees. Although, we are 4 days away from our sail date and it hasn't open back up again.

This happened with our Zuiderdam cruise 4/28/09 thru the Panama Canal and then a few days later it showed some cabins back open. When we got to the ship we found out the the auto association of several provinces in Canada had offered a great deal to their members since the cruise was from Ft Lauderdale and ended in Vancouver. There were at least 400-500 Canadians, who I love to be on cruises with because they are nice and not pushy like some other nationalities or New Yorkers, but it seemed like where ever you were on the ship you were meeting Canadians from Western Canada.

The ship made a stop in LA where we were getting off and supposingly a whole bunch more Canadians were boarding there. Again another deal with 4 days in Vegas and then a 3 day cruise supposingly filled up the ship after we left.

Anyway I would suspect you might find that someone has offered a "deal" to some group somewhere and that is why all the available cabins disappeared.

By the way we had a guaranteed balcony cabin and ended up with a VA cabin on the Navigation deck in spite of the sale.

It was a great cruise and hopefully yours will be also.

Have a great next cruise.

I'd really like to know why you singled out New Yorkers as being pushy. We cruised in Nov. with most passengers being from Florida. The crew had the hardest time trying to get them to follow the rules about sanitizing their hands to keep the ship from going into code red again. You don't see me calling the residents of Florida dirty

Archived