4th of July at Queen Mary

gmakarenjo

since you mention having your own car, do you mean the best place to view the Long Beach Fireworks, are are you look for the best display in the surrounding area (ie:Disneyland, Rose Bowl, etc?)

ah ... ok. that's an easy one to answer. Anywhere along the water between Shoreline Village and the Veteran's Memorial Pier.

If you are staying in the downtown area you can walk or take a passport shuttle to Shoreline Village or the Pier at Pine Ave. The fireworks start at 9pm sharp.

Some things that haven't been announced yet, but to be on the look out for are:

Long Beach Aquarium usually does a BBQ buffet dinner, with limited seating for the fireworks viewing out on the lawn (I think they take reservations for this).

There's a kids fair going on at Marine Green which is the green grassy area to the west of Shoreline village by the marina parking lot.

The Queen Mary usually has some sort of big festival planned but the shoreline village activities are geared more towards families.

There is also a fireworks display out by the Veteran's Memorial Pier which is about 2-ish miles from Shoreline Village. So while you are watching the QM fireworks you will also see some to your left. Sorry I can't give you a more specific location ... I live in the area and can see them from my patio, so I've never had to check out the best viewing spots.

Archived