All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

:eek::eek: I'm pretty sure I'd rather have sand fleas than run into a 3ft long snake!!!!!! I'd have screamed and ran or fainted. LOL

I'm glad I'm not the only one with that feeling. I have dealt with sand fleas...no picnic, but I am not a fan of anything that slithers. I was a panic about lizards, which are now fine, and don't want to see anything else.

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Half Moon last week and rented Cabana 14--- we LOVED it! I could have just stayed there forever!

Although in one of the clam shells next to our cabana someone found 2 scorpions. We took pictures of one of them, a carnival worker came by shortly there after and killed it. He said a guest was stung by one about 3 weeks ago.

Thanks for the heads up on Island Critters...I grew up on a lake,so we always had to be aware of snakes...but there arent too many scoprions in N.MS where Im from.

I feel a hammock calling my name from there.....only 102 more days till the tender.....

Here's some recent pics from our visit to Half Moon Cay on March 21. We would rent the cabana again in a heartbeat. It was great. We were in Cabana 13 far down from all the action and the crowds--just how we liked it!

043.jpg

We really enjoyed the loungers and the misting fan!

045.jpg

On the path to the bbq

046.jpg

047.jpg

048.jpg

There is a climbing "fort" kind of thing with a water slide. Several water spray fountains and some animal looking plastic things for kids to sit/play on. I'm sure a closer look would have revealed some more setails, but I really didn't look that close while walking by.

I have attached a photo I took of the area. Hopefully someone with small kids who used the area will chime in with better details.

1659513863_hmckidsarea.jpg.64d80b5d4dc558b25b31a24167f3c106.jpg

Hope you guys aren't bored--I really liked seeing pictures before we went.

Our cabana

DSC_0213.jpg

DSC_0200.jpg

Misting fan

DSC_0199-Copy.jpg

Snorkeling equipment which we never used. Carnival asked us our shoe size when we booked

DSC_0198.jpg

Food offered with the cabana--Melons, assorted fruit, veggies with dip, tostitos, salsa and guacamole. The cooler in the back held 2 large water bottles and 8 cans of soda (we told them what kind when we booked) This was what was provided for 2 people.

DSC_0197-Copy.jpg

Sample from the BBQ (Carnival) We just made a plate and walked it back to our cabana. Cheeseburger in Paradise!

DSC_0232.jpg

Beautiful pics!!! Thank you so much! Does the beach always get that packed?? What size ship were you on? Is there food in the cabanas right away??

We were on Carnival Liberty which carries ~3000 pax.

The food and beverages were there when we got there on the first tender around 8 am.

Staff came by around 3 times early in the day to make sure we had everything and we were happy with the setup. The also brought us plates and silverware for the food.They didn't come by to pick up our ticket to prove it was ours until we had been there for awhile, but they did collect it.

The sand there is so soft. We really loved this place and would not hesitate to book it again.

Beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing for the benefit of those who have never been to HMC.

HAL ships max out at 2,100 and I have never seen the beach that packed.

Edited by Typhoon1

How does one celebrate finding out that they don't have cancer? The best Easter "gift" I got was yesterday when the biopsy came back negative. After several blood tests (to the tune of nearly $6,000 . . . what in the world do people do without insurance) . . . the blood tests made my doctor think I had multiple myeloma (sp). After the bone marrow biopsy and XRAYS came back, my hemotoligist/oncologist said it was MGUS and not multiple myloma (sp) . . . it was like getting a new lease on life. I wish I had a cruise planned this month . . . I need to celebrate!!!!!!! :p

How does one celebrate finding out that they don't have cancer? The best Easter "gift" I got was yesterday when the biopsy came back negative. After several blood tests (to the tune of nearly $6,000 . . . what in the world do people do without insurance) . . . the blood tests made my doctor think I had multiple myeloma (sp). After the bone marrow biopsy and XRAYS came back, my hemotoligist/oncologist said it was MGUS and not multiple myloma (sp) . . . it was like getting a new lease on life. I wish I had a cruise planned this month . . . I need to celebrate!!!!!!! :p

Congratulations ladycaveat! My aunt has been recently diagnosed with multiple myeloma. I know how scary that is. BOOK THAT CRUISE!

I think I would have went straight home and booked one.

Are those the "clam shells" everyone mentions?

Looking at the photos make me even more eager to get there. Any option looks good, clamshell, free lounge, free hammock, or simple sand. ahhhhhhh.

Luckily, it looks like we are the only ship there May 16.

Consider yourself fortunate. You've seen how packed the beach can get.

IMO, that island was designed for one ship, and should only be used for one ship.

We will be visiting Half Moon Cay in August. We are going to book a cabana and looking at number 8 the pink one. I see from the pictures it's pretty close to the restrooms. How far is it rom the Bar B Que area and bar? There will be 4 of us, 2 adults and 2 older teens.. Any suggestions on a better location? Dont want to be right in the heart of all the people..

What do you recommend for excursions for 16 ds? I have read the horseback riding is fun.. But the others havent gotten such rave reviews.

Thanks for the help!:)