Electricity Sockets onboard Insignia

capegirl

There are hairdryers in every cabin, you will not need yours. In fact, we had 2 in our cabin on deck 6 - built-in one in the bathroom and a plug-in one in the stateroom. You may need one for the charger, etc. - perhaps the purser's office has one you can borrow.

There are two different types of outlets available:

the standard USA 2 blade with pin ground:

usa%202%20blade%20w%20pin%20grnd.jpg

the standard European 2-round prong:

europe%202%20pin.jpg

Also, in the bathroom, the only outlet is a USA 2 blade without ground:

usa%202%20blade.gif

If yours is the standard British 3 blade you will need an adapter:

british%203%20blade.png

The USA type are standard 120 volt; I don't know if the European outlets are 240 volt or not, as I have never used them. However, with most chargers and laptop power supplies, the voltage does not matter.

We have been on Nautica and Regatta but not on Insignia, no reason to think it would be different though. The other two ships have both a US plug type at the desk and the EU plug type, 2 plugs of each type.

This may sound silly, but can someone tell me where the US 110V plugs are located besides in the head (bathroom). Are they all at floor level, or are there some up higher -- table-top height?

Just doing some planning. I presume the Regatta is the same as the Insignia in this regard.

This may sound silly, but can someone tell me where the US 110V plugs are located besides in the head (bathroom). Are they all at floor level, or are there some up higher -- table-top height?

Just doing some planning. I presume the Regatta is the same as the Insignia in this regard.

The electrical outlets, both U.S. and European, are located on the desk. They are on the wall at the end of each room's desk.

To answer your question as asked, "they are at table-top level".

They are also the only usable outlets in the cabin. The 2-blade outlet in the bathroom is encompassed in the wall-mounted hair dryer, and is marked "for shavers only" or something similar. So, I always travel with a power strip to plug into the outlet on the desk; it handles all my chargers (phone, laptop, cameras, beard trimmer, etc.)

Archived