on board credit?

Pinktulip21

I just saw on NCL's website that the price for my balcony cabin dropped about $110. Is there any way I can get compensation for this such as an on board credit for the difference? Do they normally do that if you call and complain or do I just have to suck it up for not waiting until prices dropped..

Same thing happened to me with my upcoming cruise on the Pearl. Called my TA...they contacted NCL. There is no adjustment to your price after final payment has been made, which was the case with me. I was offered an "upgrade" from JJ to I, which really didn't interest me, because the "upgraded" cabin was in an awful location. So yes...we just have to suck it up.:( A little OBC would have been nice...even if it was half of the price difference. It just makes good customer relations, IMO.

I would call NCL and try. It depends how far out your trip is planned and if you have paid the final payment yet. Usually if you've made final payment, the only thing you can do is negotiate an upgrade, if the next level is approximately what you would have saved by booking at the current rate. Good luck.

We just came back from the Spirit to Bermuda. We had vouchers in our room to sign for a $75 ppp OBC. We assumed it was because our room rate was dropped. No questions asked we signed it and had the credit applied to our bill.

That $75 in your room might have been from your TA?

As to getting a price break, maybe. If you have already made your final payment, then all bets are off. And, if they raise the price, they do not make you pay more.

I hear people say "should have waited until later to book". Not true all the time. As others have pointed out, sometimes the prices go up, or even worse, there are no cabins left at any price.

By the way, an OBC is the same as a price reduction. It is money out of their pocket. Not sure why people think it does not cost them money or is different than a dollar reduction.

Archived