Infinity Hawaii - April 6, 2005

DavidLloyd

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gary,

Glad to have you joining the cruise with us. We are with a charter group called Pied Piper. However, there will probably be several gbtl travelers on board that would be glad to mix and mingle. I am sure we can get the CD to schedule the FOD party. It has been 9 years since our last cruise and FOD parties were not available back then. Or a least we did not know they existed.

Ciao,

Steve

Steve,

That is great news. We booked ours through a local travel agent and she said that this is a really gay friendly cruise line. By the way, how many are part of your group? Do you know?

I am looking forward to the cruise, but Bob is a little apprehensive. This will be his first cruise and he's not sure how he will handle all those sea days.

This is my third cruise and Mike’s second one. This will be our first one with 5 consecutive sea days. We are looking forward to so many days of just being able to relax. Especially after we will be on the go with so many days of sight seeing.

I am not sure how many are with our group. This is our first time traveling with them so it will be a new experience for us.

I am sure that Bob will have a wonderful time. 5 days at sea will be a little bit of a shock to me. I am a little excited and apprehensive about that as well. There is always plenty to do on the cruise so he should not worry about being bored. The only negative thing I’ve heard is it can get a little cool on the way back to the mainland.

Click on my Y! Yahoo link on my posting in the upper right hand corner and send me an email. I have some information regarding Pied Piper to pass your way. :rolleyes:

Guys,

When we booked last fall I believe the group was at around 60. The big advantage of traveling with Pied Piper is that you get group parties, dinner seating with "family," and they usually arrange some special shore excursions (extra cost involved, but well planned and with group members alone). If you look at the Pied Piper website I believe there are photos from previous sailings.

The sad news is that I'm looking at a potential job change that could nuke our trip! I'll have to decide soon - final payment is due in only a few weeks.

David

David, Good luck with the job opportunity. ;) I take it the lack of vacation time would put a halt to the trip. :( Hopefully, something can be worked out so you can still go.

Gary, Would love to have you and Bob join us with our group. I did not realize we had that many people in our party. With that many people, this should be a great trip.

Sounds like we are going to have a really great group. David, I hope things work out for you to still go as well. I gave my TA the information about Pied Piper, but she seems reluctant to contact them. I would change TA's, but I'm kinda stuck, because she is my mom's best friend and we have known each other all my life.

Ya, I didn't expect you'd get much of a response. It's like telling a salesperson you want to go up the street and buy the same car from another dealer. If I'm not mistaken, commissions on a cruise like this are around $200 per person.

In a month or two you still should call Pied Piper and tell Kay (my agent) or Derrick (the owner and Kay's mother) your situation. They may let you get in on the excursions.

• 2 weeks later...

David and Steve, It doesn't look like we will be going after all. I was so looking forward to meeting you. I am so embarassed, so lets just say we had some things that happened this weekend that is making us need to cancel the cruise. :(

Maybe I will see some of you on a future cruise some time. It is great being with family.

Gary

Gary and Bob,

:( Sorry to hear that you guys will not be joining us on the cruise. :(

We were looking forward to meeting you as well. Hope nothing tragic has happened.

It maybe possible that we will cross paths some day on a future cruise. I am hoping to take many more in the years ahead. :D

Steve and Mike

Archived