Convienence Store in Seward near Dock??

Napi's Mom

Is there a store near the dock to purchase Soda to take onboard. I use Tonic water to prevent leg cramps while traveling, hate to pay $2.50 for what amounts to medicinal usage, as I don't drink but 6-8 oz nightly. My DH had to hike 8 blks to find a store in Auckland NZ on sail day (Don't want the weight in our luggage!):)

There is a Safeway grocery store within walking distance of the pier in Seward. We brought snacks and Pepsi and Diet Pepsi on board ( can't stand Coke which is all they serve onboard!)

I can't stand the PRICE (tho we're Coke drinkers, or various white sodas)

Is there a store near the dock to purchase Soda to take onboard. I use Tonic water to prevent leg cramps while traveling' date=' hate to pay $2.50 for what amounts to medicinal usage, as I don't drink but 6-8 oz nightly. My DH had to hike 8 blks to find a store in Auckland NZ on sail day (Don't want the weight in our luggage!):)[/quote']

The hardware store might have some. There is also a convenience store by the gas station. If you are walking, and have leg cramps at night, Safeway might be a tad too far to walk.

The hardware store might have some. There is also a convenience store by the gas station. If you are walking, and have leg cramps at night, Safeway might be a tad too far to walk.

My DH loves to walk...he's the one who'll do the running down of the tonic water! Worst days are after the flight. (I was in utter misery in Auckland after some 20 hrs in a plane in 24, both legs massive cramps) the really best treatment is quinine pills but are illegal to sell in US now, (But you can buy Tonic water with considerable quinine in it!!):rolleyes:

My DH loves to walk...he's the one who'll do the running down of the tonic water! Worst days are after the flight. (I was in utter misery in Auckland after some 20 hrs in a plane in 24' date=' both legs massive cramps) the really best treatment is quinine pills but are illegal to sell in US now, (But you can buy Tonic water with considerable quinine in it!!):rolleyes:[/quote']

Yes, my Mom used to have a prescription for those pills....so I know how great they are.

Have you tried compression stockings on the plane? They seemed to help my mom. I ordered the ones from Magellen travel catalog.

Yes, my Mom used to have a prescription for those pills....so I know how great they are.

Have you tried compression stockings on the plane? They seemed to help my mom. I ordered the ones from Magellen travel catalog.

Actually have some from the hosp. from surgery floor (TEDS)...don't wear them ever tho. Can't believe how bad these cramps can get...Your Mom ever have any on the top of her ankle & Foot??? While you're getting rid of one ~what you're doing, causes another in a different place. (Pressing your foot flat against the wall next to bed HARD usually helps calf, until the back of thigh starts because of this position!):eek:

Archived