Carnival Dream Dress Code

My experience differs - especially if flying within European countries where you are limited to 20kg (44 pounds) luggage. After that you pay per kg, not per piece andit isn't cheap. There is no concept of pieces of luggage in Europe - just weight.

All of the research I have done, and didn't know this :eek:. I was thinking I would just pay for the extra suitcase. Might it depend on the airline or is it straight across the board?

All of the research I have done, and didn't know this :eek:. I was thinking I would just pay for the extra suitcase. Might it depend on the airline or is it straight across the board?

Transatlantic flights are still on per piece of luggage - generally you get 2 free up to 50 pounds, although Delta started charging for the second piece. This would include any connections.

If you are touring Europe before or after the cruise, and flying, the general rule is 20kg of luggage on flights within Europe - they don't care how many suitcases. If you are taking a train, who cares?

Luggage rules are on an airline by airline basis, so check with your carrier.

For example, here are some Alitalia guidelines:

http://www.alitalia.com/US_EN/your_travel/baggage/information/pop_exemption.htm

And examples of their fees:

http://www.alitalia.com/US_EN/your_travel/baggage/information/pop_extra_baggage.htm

Archived